December 2015 Moms

Anyone from Houston here...

Just wondering.... 
"Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 

Re: Anyone from Houston here...

• League city here
  • Not from Houston, but I visit family pretty often. Will be headed out there next month!
  • Loading the player...
  • kimb311 said:

League city here

Awesome Woodlands!
    "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 
  • Houston. Neartown. I live down the street from the west Alabama ice house. We used to be in the king wood area.
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Houston. Neartown. I live down the street from the west Alabama ice house. We used to be in the king wood area.

awesome! I'm trying to move back to the city... I lived by the medical center for a while... and all my fam is in the city...
  • We had an apartment by the Houstonian when we were first married, and then got our house out in Kingwood. We were so tired of the drive so we looked at getting an apartment back in the loop and it was almost as much as a mortgage so we looked into town homes and were so lucky to get one before the crazy market increase.
    We are sooo happy to be back and able to walk everywhere.

Pregnancy Ticker

• We had an apartment by the Houstonian when we were first married, and then got our house out in Kingwood. We were so tired of the drive so we looked at getting an apartment back in the loop and it was almost as much as a mortgage so we looked into town homes and were so lucky to get one before the crazy market increase.
    We are sooo happy to be back and able to walk everywhere.

lucky ducky!!! I had the same issue when I lived in Katy.  Lived there for 7 years and I couldn't take the morning and afternoon traffic... so I moved to the city, and due to a great job opportunity we moved to the woodlands and I HATE it! 
  • But the woodlands is so awesome! I love Hubbell and Hudson. I was so upset when they closed down the market. :(( the bistro's truffle crab pasta, uhhhhhhh. It's seriously like an orgasm in your mouth. Whatever it is called is my favorite! Oh my gosh and their pesto for the bread.
    Now my stomach is growling, and I had pizza at the zoo this evening. Yikes!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I just moved to Houston about 7 months ago. I live in Katy but me and husband can't stand the drive and not being able to walk to places (we are from Chicago )!! We are thinking about moving into Houston!
  • @imanirenee20 We think moving back into the loop was the best thing we've done! We were so nervous about crime, but I don't think it is any worse than being in the suburbs. Actually our neighborhood in the suburbs had more home break-ins than where we are now. At least according to our USAA insurance. Unfortunately the mint rose area has had a couple of problems, but the residents in the heart of mint rose are finally taking a stand, and most crimes happen around bars during the closing hours. :(

Pregnancy Ticker

• I just moved to Houston about 7 months ago. I live in Katy but me and husband can't stand the drive and not being able to walk to places (we are from Chicago )!! We are thinking about moving into Houston!

Thats what happened to me! Love Katy but the drive is horrible
  • vtgirl6vtgirl6 member
    Just moved to Houston (Pearland actually) about 4 months ago from North Carolina! 
    Im still getting used to being further south and bracing myself for TX summer....NC was bad but Im not looking forward to being pregnant in the summer too, I hate being hot!

• vtgirl6 said:

Just moved to Houston (Pearland actually) about 4 months ago from North Carolina! 
    Im still getting used to being further south and bracing myself for TX summer....NC was bad but Im not looking forward to being pregnant in the summer too, I hate being hot!

Pearland is def a nice are... Well some areas but for the most part it's nice. Houston weather is crazy so just brace yourself for hot and cold weather at anytime of the year lol
  • I somehow missed this post! I'm from NW Houston, Jersey Village area but we're hoping to move to Cypress this Summer.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Spring tx
  • If my sister and her family ever came back, they would live in Pearland. Her DH did a lot of work with the new communities. She'd want to be in the loop, but it can get pretty pricey.
    We got lucky, when we first put down earnest Monday for starting our townhome it wasn't too bad and by the time construction was finished property values had gone up almost 20%! $-)

Pregnancy Ticker

• I lived in Houston for 10 years, we also lived inside the loop close to the Med center, nice area. Hopefully we will move back at some point, we are now in NY and miss family, friends and the cheaper cost of living.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I lived in Houston for 10 years, we also lived inside the loop close to the Med center, nice area. Hopefully we will move back at some point, we are now in NY and miss family, friends and the cheaper cost of living.

Dr. King, I miss you, but can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• peevpeepeevpee member
    I sold my town home near Galleria area last year and moved to Spring just to have a backyard.
  • @peevpee that's so funny because we are total opposites! Our old house had way too much yard for us, and now we have almost nothing. :))

Even then it is still more grass than I want. I've been picking out different types of AstroTurf. I really like this one I've found that has a soft feel and our son was trying to lay down on the tiny sample. O_o
    I guess he approves.

Pregnancy Ticker