Baby Names

Name to go with Elisabeth & Fox

We have DD Elisabeth and DS Fox, but we don't know where to go from here. Pretty sure another girl will be Coraline (named for DH's grandmother) but open to suggestions. Totally stumped for boy names, mostly because DH and I have such totally different tastes (example: I like Ezra and Amos, he likes Adolf and Wolfgang).

So...suggestions on which direction to go in?

Re: Name to go with Elisabeth & Fox

• holli0801holli0801 member
    edited May 2015
    I like Coraline. Adolf is forever ruined in my eyes, and Wolfgang is just not a name I could get on board with. I like Ezra.. Amos is also nice. Best of luck!
  • Could y'all compromise? Sounds like he is picking middle name type names and you are picking first name type names! Who came up with your son and daughter's names? What's their middle names? By the way.... I love Amos and Ezra!

Suggestions:
    Archer
    Atticus
    Brenton
    Cassius
    Flannery
    Buckley
    Truman
    Wilder
    Porter
    Abel
    Calvin
    Tiberius
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Loading the player...
  • edited May 2015
    Was her given name Coraline? Just curious. I thought that name was a newer one. I think Cora is so much more sophisticated and pairs so nicely with Elisabeth. Obviously if Coraline was her given name, I understand why you'd want to use it!

For boys, you may have to compromise and each one of you pick a name. Wolfgang is not for everyone but it would be fine in the mn spot. I would strongly suggest staying away from Adolph. I'm sure there are lots of lovely men named Adolph but it's tightly associated with Hitler. Have you considered Rudolph nn Rudy? This was my DHs grandfather's name and he is desperately trying to convince me to use it. I'm a little scared of it, but it may fit well for yall.
    Also suggesting these names...I tried to go a bit Germanic bc of your husband's faves:
    Ansel
    Sebastian
    Hugo
    Tobias
    Alec
    Leon
    Lucas
    Maximilian
    Jonas
    Anton
    Emmanuel
    Dominic
    Henrik
    Matthias

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • I love Archer! Wilder caught my eye, too :) DD is Elisabeth Lorraine (Lorraine for my great aunt) and DS is Fox Orion (Orion for my great uncle). We both agreed on the first names as soon as they came up, but it took a little searching (especially for Fox). I got to pick the middle names and we'll pick family names for middle names in the future (except for Coraline, since that's already a family name).
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    Love Coraline and Ezra. Amos is nice too. Adolf is just too controversial. It will have a negative connotation for so many people. Not a big fan of Wolfgang either.

• I like Coraline. I've never heard it before. Do you think people will confuse it with Caroline? I hope not.

Agree that Adolph / Adolf won't be a usable name in my lifetime, maybe ever.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Oh we're definitely not doing Adolf, lol. He loves it but...he gets it ;)

Coraline would go by Cora, we just like the flow of the former better with our last name.

I like Hugo quite a bit. DH likes Maximilian but, like Wolfgang, there's no way I'd go for it.

I like the idea of literary names for boys, if that helps?
  • I like Hugo! To me, it seems to combine both of your styles.

Maybe:

Arlo
    Armon
    Curtis
    Ephraim
    Gerhard
    Gideon
    Jonah
    Josef (German spelling 'cause he seems into that?)
    Malachai
    Marcus
    Mattias
    Maxwell
    Samson
    Saul
    Simon
    Stefan
    Victor

• Um, I actually love the name Wolfgang (nn Wolfie) but because your other son's name is Fox it wouldn't be a good fit... IMO, two siblings named Fox and Wolfie is eye roll worthy.

Adolf/Adolph is definitely not a great choice... sorry, it's hard not to associate with Hitler. Are you sure your husband isn't pulling your leg?

Love Coraline!

Love Ezra!

Love previously suggested; Maxwell, Gideon, Tobias, Sebastian, Alec, Simon, and Hugo.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • saham07saham07 member
    Dashiell nn Dash
  • Glad you ditched Adolph!

How about...

Eric
    Rolf/Ralph
    Tobias
    Gunther (Grass, literary and German)
    Kurt
    Sebastian
    Tristan (literary)
    Solomon
    Conrad (Konrad if you want German spelling)
    Jonas

BFP #1: Nov. '12 - Bunny born in July '13
    BFP #2: July '15 - Goodbye, Kitty

Benched.

• brita722 said:

Um, I actually love the name Wolfgang (nn Wolfie) but because your other son's name is Fox it wouldn't be a good fit... IMO, two siblings named Fox and Wolfie is eye roll worthy.

That's what I was going to say. I love Wolfgang...but definitely not with Fox.

Coraline is beautiful and goes well with your sibset. Of your list, I like Ezra the best for a boy. PPs have some good suggestions, too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well fist off I LOVE that you used Fox! So great! 

I think Coralilne is awesome and goes great and it a bit more classical like Elisabeth. Where as Fox is a bit edgier so maybe stay with that style for another boy. Hugo is awesome and goes really great with both. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers