March 2015 Moms
Options

Which birth control???

What type did you choose and what experience did you have ??

I am thinking and IUD w/o the hormones because I EBF my LO and i do not want to deal with some of the side effects of the hormones.

**** I know everyone is different. I have spoken to my Dr and done research online, but I would love some input from you ladies. I am just trying to be diligent when making my final decision***

Re: Which birth control???

• Options
    I'm having the skyla IUD put in next week!
  • Options
    Going with the paragard IUD, which I had before I got pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pc1984pc1984 member
    I just got the IMPLANON put in my arm a week ago.
  • Options
    Using the mini pill for two weeks now, not much to say besides I'm sure it forced my first pp period, probably wouldn't have gotten it this soon sure to breastfeeding and I rely heavily on cell phone alarm to remember to take it at the same time daily (even more important than with regular pill)
  • Options
    KD32412KD32412 member
    Mini pill also. Same as PP I use my cell alarm to remind myself to take it on time. Last time I was on it, I took it 2 hours late and got preggos. I was exclusively nursing at 9 months.
  • Options
    djolietdjoliet member
    Mini pill since I'm exclusively pumping. I wanted to get the Nexplanon but the insurance I have will not cover it, just the mirena but I'm not comfortable with something sitting in my uterus. Once I get on my husband's insurance I'm getting the Nexplanon
  • Options
    I have Mirena. It's less hormones than the mini pill and it's localized. It also helps keep my endo controlled. I have not noticed a decrease in milk supply at all. LO has a very heathy appetite and I still am able to pump an extra 10-15+oz a day.

I know too many women who got pregnant on the mini pill, my midwife said its what keeps her in business. I have friends who had horrible issues with implanon. I really like the security of an iud.

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got the mirena. I can't say I'm crazy about it. I got it three weeks ago and am still having serious cramping. I wish I went with something else. I don't think I've heard of the mini pill. How does that compare to the regular pill?
  • Options
    Hey ladies! I just had my second Paragard IUD put in today, and it was soooo much easier this time after my pregnancy. Seriously, the first time was the most painful thing I've ever experienced before giving birth and this time? Total cinch. I had longer and more painful periods when I had my first Paragard but that normalized after a few months and I otherwise loved it.
  • Options
    I had the Paragard IUD placed 6 weeks after my LO was born. Hormonal was strongly discouraged due to gestational blood clots in my legs. I had to do two pregnancy tests by blood 10 days apart, then had the IUD placed on day 11. Visit was about 15 minutes. Slight discomfort, mild cramping for a day after insertion and very light spotting. Since then have resumed sexual activity with no issues. I love it, nothing to think about for 10 years plus the comfort of knowing you're not pregnant bc you get regular periods (a big deal for me).