VBAC

need opinions please

So I don't know what I should do. I really want to try for a VBAC and my doctor said she thought I was a good candidate. But then I consulted with the only doctor in my practice that does them and she said no. She said based on the fact that they said I had a narrow pelvic arch and my son being OP and small and not being able to deliver, it probably wouldn't work. She said a lot of OP babies are delivered naturally. I don't know if I should get a second opinion or just accept the fact that I might have to have another c section. I'm only 22, my son is almost 4. I really want to VBAC. I don't know what I should do here...

Re: need opinions please

• I'm not in your situation. Luckily I never made it to active labor with my section, so I'm in a different category. However, I would definitely get a second opinion just so that you don't have any doubts.
  • Get a second opinion from someone in a different practice! FB has local VBAC groups, and see if you have a local active ICAN chapter: https://www.ican-online.org/united-states-chapters/
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Second opinion for sure! Go somewhere else. The very worst that happens is you end up back where you started or labor and end up with another c anyway, but at least you tried. This is your birth. Although they want to keep you safe they also want to keep themselves safe and will be overly cautious. Small pelvic arch is difficult but overcomeable in some cases.