May 2015 Moms
Options

Running out of patience!

I just want to hold my little girl already. My due date is May 22. I have been feeling a lot of pressure but no serious contractions. Hoping labor will sneak up on me at some point this week!

Re: Running out of patience!

• Options
    I feel the same! I'm very much over this whole waiting thing.
  • Options
    Same here! Same due date, no progress from last week. Still 60% effaced. Can't help but feel a little disappointed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due 21st, lots of pressure and nerves being hit!! Ready to get her out so I can cuddle out here :)
  • Options
    Me too...but due the 21st! I was 'paper thin' Monday morning. Dr told me to go home and walk. I walked/cleaned for hours yesterday and nothing! Woke up this morning and did the same thing...nothing happening! And I know people mean well but Oh My Goodness it's not helpful to be asked how I'm doing every 30 minutes! Uh! I'll let you know when something changes people ! 8-}
  • Options
    Same due date! And I feel the same! I hope we will both give birth soon!
  • Options
    I feel the same way but I am not due until May 31! It's killing me the waiting where there is so much pressure of her pushing down!
  • Options
    I am due on may 25th 2015 and i was 3cm dialeted and cervix still thick and contractions 12 mins apart. i go in on friday hopefully i hear some good news.i am so ready to have her and meet my daughter.i am going to ask my doctor if she will do the membrane sweep to get things going.i will let you know if it works.
  • Options
    taya15taya15 member
    I'm due May 27th stuck at 1cm been having strong contractions and lots of pressure. My little is extremely low but still no labor and not dilating.
  • Options
    Kye042Kye042 member
    I'm due May 21 and at my appointment yesterday I was 4cm, cervix measuring 1/2cm but my OB won't talk about induction until Monday. Here's hoping this little man comes sooner!!!
  • Options
    TaebeckTaebeck member
    I'm due the 21st (tmw!!!) Had an apt this past Friday and wasn't dilated at all and baby still needs to come down farther (guessing that means. Not effaced much) I'm soo tired of waiting and just want him here. Plus like another post said the texts and calls everyday asking how I'm doing and if he is coming yet doesn't help. Tho I just keep reminding myself they are just excited like me.. Hoping at my apt tmw if there is still little progress they will schedule an induction next wk
  • Options
    I'm due May 30th and had a check up with my midwife yesterday, baby's head is really low, measuring about 39 weeks and has a healthy heartbeat. She asked if I wanted to be checked and I said, "there's no point. I could be dialated to 3 and stay that way for another 2 weeks or more, right?" She said "that's about right. There's no predicting the future." So I opted out of the cervical check and went home happy knowing everything was all good.

Then I look on Facebook and see that one of my friends who was due 10 June had her baby. I was super happy for her but frustrated and just a little bit tired of being so pregnant. lol. Sometimes that's just how it goes.

Hang in there, ladies. Your day will come shortly.
  • Options
    I'm due may 22 and still nothing other than pressure and baby being super low....hoping for my water spontaneously breaking or something between now and then! I don't think I could handle going over due!
  • Options
    I would love to hear you guys update on if you went into labor. I am due on the 26th and im only 1.5 cm, cervix still thick and high. On and off contractions since Monday
  • Options
    D<3HulsD<3Huls member
    Today is my due date (May 20th) and I'm SO DONE!!! I'm sick of being pregnant, talking about it, waddling everywhere and rolling in and out of things. I want to have conversations with people that don't start with "how I'm feeling" and "are you anxious?" They mean well, but I want my identity back. Or at least much rather talk about the adorable squirmy baby in my arms rather than the one in my tummy that I can't see, snuggle or kiss... to make things even more frustrating, I have known about 7 people that have been pregnant with me due within the last 2 months of myself (which has been really fun actually) and every. Single. One. Came EARLY!!! And then there's me...As of Monday only 1cm dialated and 60% thinned and the dr still thinks he won't be here till next week!
  • Options
    ldobyldoby member
    I'm excited to hold my little one as well. I'm due May 23 and I'm 4 centimeters dilated and 60% effaced as of earlier this week. I have a doctors appointment Friday and hopefully I will 6 or 7 centimeters before I have to deliver.
  • Options
    I wanted to have my DS this week, and planned to do so many things to kick start labor...

And then I woke up yesterday sick. I'm not due until the 30th. Now I just want to get past this sickness cause I DO NOT want to go into labor while feeling like absolute crap! D:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If it makes any of you feel better I was due yesterday. At my appointment on Friday I was still only 30 percent effaced and 2 cm dilated. I've been doing everything I can think of or have heard of to get this show on the road so I can hold my little man, and I'm still only feeling some pressure in my pelvic area. So tired of being asked where this baby is by people who aren't the ones who have to stay pregnant!
  • Options
    The thing I'm most mad about is this it gets going and then just goes away signs! I get contractions and they get close enough I start timing them but they go away after a few hours. Ugh!
  • Options
    I'm due today, May 20th. It is almost over and no signs of labor. I had some great contractions yesterday and then mild BH type today. I am really uncomfortable at this point. I've not done much complaining throughout the past 40 weeks, I'm so very happy to be having a baby, but I'm thinking I'm basically done with being pregnant.
  • Options
    What is this patience you speak of? I'm a week overdue and only 1 cm dilated and 30% effaced. I have had 2 membrane sweeps and nothing that I would consider consistent contractions :( My induction is on Monday the 25th, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel that I can see. Just have to make it one more weekend !
  • Options
    I'm due the 27th. My first was induced on her due date, second I went into labor at 41 1/2 weeks and third I was induced at 41 1/2 weeks. So I know I am looking at a June delivery as depressing as that is. My youngest just turned 1 on the first, this pregnancy was a result of an iud not working so it feels like I have been pregnant for 2 years now. My birthday is the 30th and I can't help but keep hoping that I will have had him and be home by then, what an awesome present that would be. But yeah, reality is I will probably be here waiting then.