Potty Training

Rash causing potty trained child to refuse to use the potty.

My 2 year old has been potty trained for a few months now, with no issues. Yesterday she started refusing to use the potty, saying that it hurt. We went to the doctor, thinking she had a UTI, but it turned out to be a small, but painful rash in a hidden area. The remedies the doctor gave us are clearing up the rash well, but she is still refusing to go on the potty (except first thing this morning, when maybe she wasn't quite awake enough to remember that peeing hurt her yesterday). Obviously, refusing to use the potty is leading to major accidents. Her babysitter has carpeted floors and understandably wants us to do something now so her carpets aren't getting destroyed.  I don't want to put her in pull-ups. We didn't use them to train her, and I'm sure if we put in back in diapers/pull-ups now it would undo her potty training.  (To make things more complicated, I am 4 weeks from my due date with baby #2, and don't want her still struggling with going on the potty at that time.)

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions for getting her to go on the potty again? It doesn't seem to her anymore when she does go, but she is afraid to even go near the potty.

Re: Rash causing potty trained child to refuse to use the potty.

• DS got a rash from sitting on the potty. What about trying a toilet topper just changes things up for her so the affiliation is altered.