July 2015 Moms
Options

can anyone recommend an inexpensive, simple crib?

We are having twins, and do not need a convertible crib this time (we are already using the crib my DS was in). Can anyone (maybe STM) recommend a less expensive crib? I dont need one to convert to a full bed, but would be nice to have different levels for the mattress, and possibly able to remove the front to be used as a toddler bed.

Re: can anyone recommend an inexpensive, simple crib?

• Options
    I was about to say IKEA as well. I got my crib online from Wal-Mart and they had a lot of selections to choose from.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Amazon has some really inexpensive ones.
  • Options
    There are tons around $100 at walmart, amazon, ikea ( if you have one nearby). My two boys had $99 convertible cribs from walmart. This one is a bit more spoiled bc we have more money now but a $99 crib would have just been fine for him as well. Ok if a $99 crib existed in Hawaii lol
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    Ikea is recalling a lot of their children's items right now, so you might steer clear. We are having twins as well and I bought Babyletto cribs for less than $400 each and they have 4 mattress levels and toddler rails.
  • Options
    A mattress and gate have been recalled. No cribs. Tons of companies have recalls on certain things so it doesn't mean all their products should not be bought. She asked for options for less expensive options.
  • Options
    I got a Jenny Lind crib from Wayfair.com. It's not convertible and was only $199 with free shipping. I got it super fast too!!!! The matress was an additional $70. It comes in a few different colors. I got white, but they have natural, cherry, and black as well. Here's a pic. I love the vintage look of the crib, and you can really dress it up or do simple bedding with it.
  • Options
    We have the Graco Lauren crib that we'll be reusing. Target tends to put it on sale occasionally for $125. I agree with IKEA cribs being a great option, though.

With my DD we went with a basic $99 crib we got at Walmart because it was all we could afford, and she slept in it with no issues for over 3 years. So it doesn't always have to be expensive to do the job.

GL on your search!
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    I got mine for DS (4 years ago) from target for about $100. It will get through DD, than I'll donate. It's not fancy, but works.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    I'm having my second set of twins... We were actually able to let them sleep in the same crib for a while and then bought one from walmart when they got a little bigger.
  • Options
    We went with the Dream on Me Synergy crib from wayfair. Waited a bit until it was on sale for $100 and they always do free shipping. It has three different mattress heights and is convertible. The toddler bed guard rail is even included so you don't need to buy that separately.
  • Options
    I just purchased one at BJs whole sales club I'm sure Costco has one too! It converts into a
    Full size bed it was 250! Good luck !
  • Options

Ikea is recalling a lot of their children's items right now, so you might steer clear. We are having twins as well and I bought Babyletto cribs for less than $400 each and they have 4 mattress levels and toddler rails.

The only crib related recall at Ikea right now is for a crib mattress, and they're recalling it because there is a slight gap at the end. You should check for a good fit of your mattress once you get it into the crib regardless, and make sure there are no gaps where baby could get a hand, foot, arm, leg, etc. stuck. There were no reports of death or injury associated with the current recall. The only crib related recall I could find for Ikea was from 2011, so I am sure they have dealt with that issue at this point.

We researched Ikea cribs because we wanted something affordable, and I think they are a great option. Luckily, my FIL decided to gift us a (rather expensive) crib...but the rest of his furniture is Ikea, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were really happy with the Graco Lauren. Kid slept in it for over 2.5 years and it's still in great condition. Had enough mattress levels to be able to drop it several times. It'll definitely last through this baby, maybe a third if we get crazy.
  • Options
    We've bought the graco Lauren as well for the third time.
  • Options
    I don't know if you're opposed to a used one or not but we got our entire set from a lady that was selling one on a mom to mom group on facebook in our area.. so that's always a thought if you're not wanting to spend a lot. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We were really happy with the Graco Lauren. Kid slept in it for over 2.5 years and it's still in great condition. Had enough mattress levels to be able to drop it several times. It'll definitely last through this baby, maybe a third if we get crazy.

I second or 3rd/4th whatever it's been on the Graco Lauren. Just moved our 2 year old our of it to a big girl bed so we can use it for our new little one. It converts to toddler and full size without having to buy anything extra.
  • Options
    rednekrednek member
    Burlington coat factory. I bought one for $120 and then the mattress is $40. The crib converts into a toddler bed and the mattress can be adjusted.
  • Options
    IKEA for sure!  We love the crib we have from IKEA.  My daughter has been sleeping in it for more than 2 years and now it will be used for this little one.  I think we got the mattress we have from Amazon.