So, I must be behind the times. — The Bump
Baby Showers

So, I must be behind the times.

My parents just received a wedding invitation for a wedding this saturday. Only, they are not invited. The bride is the daughter of my parents longtime friends. The invite was accompanied by a letter explaining why they were not invited and how the bride wishes they could have fit my parents onto the guest list. The invite was sent as a keepsake. Is this a thing now? I do not think this is okay.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

[Deleted User]MrsDavesAFish

Re: So, I must be behind the times.

• ^See, I don't think it's probably her. I think the parents are likely the ones responsible for this most shitty of olive branches.
  • Purple&7 said:
    I would write "Return to Sender" on it.
    Brilliant. Seriously, what the hell is that shit?
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
    dparker721Knottie59387608
  • Umm. . . wow. That is absolutely ridiculous. I wonder how many "non invites" were sent out? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    dparker721
  • Um, wat? I have never, ever heard of this. Hopefully I never do IRL.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • What the fuckity fuck is this fuckery?
    Almost word for word what went thru my head when I read the OP. 
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2uetngj.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/9ve5at.jpg[/IMG]
    ArgyleBrideaditigirl
  • Well isn't she just lovely....

• Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP Jan '09 - Tommy born 9/7/09 (Labor Day baby #1!)
    BFP Aug '11 - Bean lost 8/31/11 <3
    BFP Dec '11 - Vinny born 9/3/12 (Labor Day baby #2!)
    BFP July '14 - GIRL! due 3/18/15!
    photo ab87da78-1718-4c39-a259-7d3f3c182832_zpsd2d2f9e0.jpgphoto 23bff2af-a93d-4807-bfba-4e94ad07bf91_zps4189ec14.jpg
    for suzyq0525
  • This is foul.
  • Woah, I was almost hoping that this was a one off thing. Cannot believe this has become a trend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• fostersstudiofostersstudio member
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Wow. I've never heard of such a thing. How totally rude.

• HAHAHHA this actually made me laugh out loud at my desk. 

A keepsake to remember the burn of not being invited to the wedding of someone you have known for a very long time. Sounds like a total gift grab. "We are getting married, you can't come to the wedding but here is our return address just in case you need it for anything...."
    BabyFetus Ticker
    jburdet1whenwillieversleepDutchLucyLudparker721
  • Hell no that's not ok!
  • This sounds like a mean girl thing....like something some horrible person would do just to be an asshole!!!!! I can't believe someone would send an invitation....with a note attached that informed them they weren't invited?!?!?!?! Screw that. If I ever get one of those I would return to sender.
  • I'm offended and disgusted.
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • marthah05marthah05 member
    250 Love Its 100 Comments First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    This is not only rude, but quite presumptuous that your parents would like a keepsake from someone's wedding other than their child.

I would show up, for the church as well as the reception, since there is always plenty of food and drinks anyway, with no gift in hand because I wasn't invited, so why should I present you with a gift.
    cmjn94
  • I have a very good friend who sent me a save the date, and will be sending me an invite even though he and his fiancé both know we can't come (cross country a week after EDD). I told him I wanted them.

Other than situations like that? No.
    cmjn94
  • Rude! The only invites I sent out to my wedding were to people who were actually INVITED! Can't even begin to fathom who the hell came up with this brilliant idea... *eye roll*
  • This is fucked!
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • 27alex27alex member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers Name Dropper
    Ladies this is from almost a year ago...
    wassuphoes