Multiples

new triplet mommy

Hello all! I am a first time poster and ftm. I have 17 day old triplet boys!!! They are currently in the NICU, but doing extremely well. They should be coming home in a few weeks. They are learning to feed and grow before they can come home. I would really appreciate any advice on raising multiples. What is the best piece of advice you can give or that has been most helpful to you that I should know? Any help would be much appreciated. We are so excited to have then here but are still a little in awe of everything. Thanks in advance for any advice or words of wisdom! :)

Re: new triplet mommy

• pea-kaypea-kay member
    Congrats! I have 7 year old triplet boys. I don't remember much about the NICU days, but you are going to have so much fun with them. :) I have a blog  - you can go back to 2008 if you want to read about the early days. :)

pyjammy.com
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • i have 13 month old triplet boys. They were born just before 30 weeks and where in nicu between six and eight weeks. They never really had any bad setbacks. If these are your first, you already have it made. Ihad a 16 month old and that was very hard on her. FeedingS are going to be your whole life for a while. Thankfully, it gets better after about 8 months.started sleeping through the night somewhere between 6&8 months. I canT even remember!

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for directing me to your blog! I think it will be very helpful to read how other moms have handled raising triplets. I need all the help I can get lol. I am glad they are my first and I can focus solely on them right now. We are currently doing an overnight stay in the nicu with one of our boys to practice night feeds as he may come home tomorrow. We are very excited and nervous to have him come home. Unfortunately our middle baby who is our smallest developed a stomach infection unexpectedly on Friday and was transferred back to the level 3 nursery across town. They were concerned he had NEC which is pretty serious but now because he seems to be doing pretty well they do not thing it is NEC, but maybe just an ilius. Tomorrow we will have three babies in three different places all across town. It is going to be very complicated logistically. Fortunately my sister came to help! Does anyone have any experience with intestinal infections in their preemie? I am,still very worried for my baby as he is stable but not out of the woods yet. I feel very quilty that I cannot be there all day and night with him. It is like we are starting all over with him now. He has been taken off of feeds and is on the IV and oxygen again and he has had two blood transfusions due to anemia now. I think this may be a long process for him and us. Most likely my third baby will be coming home shortly after his other brother. It will be so hard not having them all together. Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!! It is no fun having a sick baby and having my triplets separated.
  • I have triplets who are two and a half years old.  These tough days of juggling three different places will pass.  You may have to rotate with your husband on who sees who at different times because you can't be everywhere at once.  Make sure to allow family and friends to help whether it be with laundry, making meals, etc.  Best wishes...Having triplets is a blessing!