Trouble TTC

Occasional poster hoping for some insight into IVF

Hello!  I've occasionally posted on various boards either to post questions or answer some, but have not been a full timer.  A little background on us...  I'm 37 and hubby is 32.  We've been TTC for a little over 3 years now.  I'm diagnosed PCOS with infrequent ovulation.  We've tried clomid and femara with IUI with no success.  We are just about to start our first IVF cycle.  I'll be using gonal F, and menopur for stimulation.  I know that it's different for everyone, but I was wondering what cd other's egg retrieval was?  Thanks for any info you can give.  I'm type A and like to have a general idea of how things are going to go (although I'm well aware of how you can't plan this process :)

Re: Occasional poster hoping for some insight into IVF

• jnissajnissa member
    Oh, my gosh. This is going to vary *so much* by person. 

I know my clinic says estimate at 10. I went for 9. I know other women at the same clinic who did 14 and 16 days. 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Pcos girls usually rock at IVF so I'm excited for you! You want to stim for at least 9 days when doing IVF of wt least that's what the re's I dealt with said. Some women can go for 14 days some go less than 9. I did 9 days two cycles and then 10 and then 14. Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • I have low ovarian reserve and I was on gonal f and menopur for about 10 days they got 3 eggs only one fertilized but it didn't implant so it varies
  • cln125cln125 member
    Thank you girls for the responses.  I really appreciate it!  Although I know everyone is different it's nice to hear other's experiences in order to give me some comfort during this first round.