July 2015 Moms
Options

which name !

ceepotvinceepotvin member
edited May 2015 in July 2015 Moms
We are stuck on two names for our baby boy! Keep in mind our last name starts with a P

which name ! 106 votes

Jett William
29% 31 votes
Parker William
70% 75 votes

Re: which name !

• Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    I voted for Parker than realized his nickname would be "pee-pee". Still like Parker better than Jett, but something to consider.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    That's exactly why I don't want parker hahah but my husband is stuck on parker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They're both cute but yea you don't want his initials to be PP, that would be horrible. I like Jett better anyway!
  • Options
    I love the name Jett ! I'm hoping he looks like a Jett haha
  • Options
    I picked Parker because I think just Jeff sounds incomplete, but then I read last name would start with a P so his initials would be PP. Are you against using Jeffrey as the full first name?
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's Jett not Jeff lol
  • Options
    ceepotvin said:

It's Jett not Jeff lol

OMG... Pregnancy brain got me illiterate apparently! In that case I definitely pick Parker though.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like the name Jett refers to a very specific type of person...your son needs to have the personality to match the name, or I just find it awkward (I have a student named Majesty who is literally the clumsiest person alive, and kids joke on him all the time because he doesn't fit his name). It's also a bit too nickname-y for my taste. He might want something more professional and complete sounding when he's an adult.

I don't love the PP initials, or the name Parker, but of your choices I think that's the best option.
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't think that many people are going to notice his initials are PP. I voted Parker.
  • Options
    Jett is bad. Don't name him Jett.
  • Options
    ceepotvinceepotvin member
    edited May 2015
    Okay I wasn't looking for name bashing. Everybody has their own opinion when it comes to names. Chances are I don't like the names you've picked out either. I would never tell you your name was bad. but okay
  • Options
    KatyB86KatyB86 member
    Love Parker, I couldn't have it cause my last name is Barker :) Spider-Man never got PP haha, Peter Parker :)
  • Options
    I LOVE Parker, I don't care for Jett it sounds cocky to me. Again just my opinion. But really how Often is he going to be using is initials? Our first DS initials are BO and our little one is going to be PO it has never been an issue. Who cares about initials? When does a person ever use them?
  • Options
    Omg love the name Jett! It's so different and unique. Parker is too plain