April 2015 Moms

Newborn eye color

Hi April Moms!

The family and I are wondering what color eyes my baby has. I think they looks dark grey. My husband thinks grey-green. I attached a pic. The pediatrician thinks they will probably end up hazel. She is almost 5 weeks now and her eyes haven't changed much except a little lighter around the pupil. My first was born with dark brown and stayed dark brown. Does anyone have a baby with this similar color now or with a previous baby? What color did it change to? If you can post some pics, that would be fun, too! 

Both me and my husband have brown eyes. But, we both have family with blue, green and hazel eyes on both sides.

Re: Newborn eye color

• You' typically need to wait 6-12 months for the melanin to be deposited to get an idea as to what eye colour your child will have. I'll hazard a guess that essentially all of us have steely/grey/blue eyed babies. It would be more interesting to find someone who had a baby whose eyes aren't that colour.

Your guess is as good as ours.
  • Coco118Coco118 member
    ewilson74 said:

You' typically need to wait 6-12 months for the melanin to be deposited to get an idea as to what eye colour your child will have. I'll hazard a guess that essentially all of us have steely/grey/blue eyed babies. It would be more interesting to find someone who had a baby whose eyes aren't that colour.

Your guess is as good as ours.

Not me, my baby's eyes are dark brown!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is baby #3 for me, all 3 have been born with blue eyes. DD is almost 3, DS1 is 18mos, DS2 is 2weeks and all still have blue eyes
  • AmCheriAmCheri member
    I'm surprised your pedi is opining on eye color at this point given that eye color can change at any time during the first year and then even after that. You can speculate and look at family and make all the Punnett squares you wish, but there is just no way to know yet.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • @ewilson74 you've been around since the beginning of this board and can we just agree that in our past life OP would get majorly flamed for this post?

And not to mention that eye color can change a lot during the first 2 years. Imo, this is as bad as the "what am I having" posts.
  • @ewilson74 you've been around since the beginning of this board and can we just agree that in our past life OP would get majorly flamed for this post?

Oh, yeah! We have moved from can you tell the sex of my child to what will my child's eye colour be. I am sure rhopa and smbf would have had some cutting remark and there would be three pages of people listing random colours.
  • You know that anyone can post what they want and instead of these little complaints, you can go reply to a question that you think is worthy of advice or sharing. Seriously, get a life, lol. 
  • You're right @vbonitto anyone can post what they want.... As I have done on this thread.