December 2015 Moms
Options

Sleeping problems?

I'm currently 10 wks 3 days and have the hardest time sleeping at night. We have a king sized bed so there is plenty of space but I find myself unable to stay asleep because I'm constantly flipping around. I know this is only going to get worse as the belly continues to grow but I was just wondering if any other mommies are having the same problem.

Re: Sleeping problems?

• Options
    It sucks, but it seems to be natures way of helping us adjust to sleepless nights. Or that's my theory. Apparently I'm hatching an early bird because I keep waking up at 5am!!! Hateful! If Bubbles comes out a morning person, he/she is screwed because SO and I are on autopilot anytime we have to get up before 7.
  • Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing! The toilet breaks two or three times a night don't really help with the getting a solid night sleep. So much tossing and turning and unable to get comfortable... Which I'm guessing is only going to get worst!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea I'm also 10 weeks and wakeup 2 times to go to bathroom I started putting a pillow between my legs because my stomach felt like it was shifting then my husband bought me a snooze from buy buy baby. It's just a big j shaped pillow that you cuddle in between your legs it took a night or two to get use to but now it's heaven also my body temperature has been hot then cold alot so I had to invest in a cyclone fan from target because AC is too cold. That has helped me immensely.
  • Options
    Get a snoogle pillow and my obgyn approved unisom the doxylamine one for sleep issues. You can get it anywhere and it's amazing. I have always had insomnia and pregnancy has made it so much worse, I was on 50mg of trazadone beforehand and that's a no no to take while pregnant so I've switched to this and will most likely continue to use it after the birth bc it works so much better and doesn't have any of the side effects of the trazadone. Also I've temporarily kicked the hubby out of the bedroom after 10pm and we are both sleeping so much better!
  • Options
    Yes! I'm normally a tummy sleeper, but now that just hurts my boobs. So I'm trying to get used to sleeping on my side, but then I wake up with the side of my hip hurting so then I have to flip around. I feel like a hamburger. I spend all night flipping from one side to the other. With the 2 am potty break.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I'm just about to be 10 weeks and I'm so bloated and gassy at night that I can not get comfortable on either side I sleep. I go to bed at 10 and I'm up at 2:30 am on the dot and I never go back to sleep till around 7 or 8 am. My insomnia is awful. I just can't sleep even if there is no gas or anything. I just can never get comfy! Lol