November 2015 Moms
Options

cosmetologist and mum to be

Are there any other cosmetologists in this group? My clients all harp on me about the fumes and blah blah blah. I don't feel as though I should be concerned. I do all hair services, except perms and keratin treatments (advised against during pregnancy). And I do nail services as well. Not acrylics. But odorless gel nails.

Are you ladies worried about the salon products we use?

Re: cosmetologist and mum to be

• Options
    I'm a hairdresser and grew up with my whole family doing it as well I wasn't worried at all with my first and not worried this time around. Just use gloves and avoid keratins:)
  • Options
    maura+cmaura+c member
    Same here! Cosmetologist and I own my salon, so even if I'm not doing the service- I'm still there. I wouldn't worry about people and there opinions. You know what's best for you and your baby. I worked up until my my induction day last baby and plan on doing it again- he came out just fine and it's funny, but actually loves the sound of a blow dryer!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been a cosmetologist for 11 years and have been pregnant and know many pregnant woman who still continued their services throughout pregnancy and have beautiful healthy babies!