July 2015 Moms
Options

Reusing cloth diapers- advice please!

I'll be reusing the bumgenius AIOs that I used for my son and had a question for anyone else whose cloth diapered before: right before we stopped using them my sons daycare put diaper cream on him and it totally gunked up the diapers!
I tried to get it all off but I'm not sure if it's affected their absorbency. I'll be pretty disappointed if I have to toss this whole stash of diapers, any advice???? Thanks!

Re: Reusing cloth diapers- advice please!

• Options
    Stripping them is your best bet.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    I haven't gotten to this point yet but I've read about "stripping" the diapers before using them after they've been in storage or something. The idea is to return it to it's new state as much as possible. Maybe google that and see what happens?

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Little dude will be here before we know it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've seen some things about stripping them with vinegar or with dish soap, I'm just afraid of ruining them!
  • Options
    I used to strip my son's cloth diapers every now and then to keep them absorbent. Hot water, vinegar, and dawn dish soap is what I always used. And run them through a cycle.
  • Options
    I personally strip with RLR.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    You can buy strippers (hahahaha!) made by some of the cloth diaper detergent companies like Rockin' Green, Laundry Tarts, or Blue Dawn apparently is good too.  Tons of articles on it, I'm just too lazy to go find them.
  • Options
    Once the strippers come out who even cares about the diapers?!?!?! Lol.
  • Options
    Haha! Thanks so much! I tried the vinegar but I can't really tell how well it worked so will try the Rockin' Green, thank you all!!
  • Options
    If you're on fb there's a group called fluff love and cd science which has been helpful to me. I believe they recommend dawn dish soap and a toothbrush.
  • Options
    Thanks!