November 2015 Moms
Options

Doing a journal for the baby.

im about to start a journal for the baby. Just about how life is, what is happening, different things with my pregnancy. And then give it to the baby when they are older. Anyone else doing this?

Re: Doing a journal for the baby.

• Options
    laswettlaswett member
    I have wanted to, but I haven't yet because of my PGAL brain. But, I have my 12 week ultrasound today, and we'll be hearing the heartbeat for the first time, so I think I will finally be ready.
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've started a journal, but it's more for me.  Perhaps some day I would let my son/daughter read it, but I want to remember this time and I want it to be uncensored.  I would censor myself if I was writing for my child and erase the crappy parts.  If I do that, I'd rather just write it once on facebook.  lol.  I realized I don't recall a lot of my time being pregnant with my 1st.  I remember some highlights (and low lights) but not the little things that I'd like to remember.
    June Siggy Challenge image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started a journal, with the intention of passing it along to them when they are older, completely uncensored. I find myself more lazy than ever to write, and toggle between pen and paper, and an online blog.
  • Options
    This is a sweet idea but I'm am so lazy. I haven't even finished my son's baby book yet.
  • Options
    kmd91kmd91 member
    Kind of different, but I have been making posts on tumblr about the pregnancy and how things are going and tagging it with a certain tag so I can go back and reminisce. More for my own benefit than my child's, because to be honest I know for me, had my mom done a journal of sorts, I don't think I would have much interest in reading about her pregnancy. Maybe cute little stories here or there, especially once I was actually born, but I wouldn't be interested in reading about her thoughts, feelings, and symptoms while pregnant. Though, maybe that's just me and the fact that I have a very strained relationship with my mother.
  • Options
    I did this with 1st pregnancy. I tracked weight, belly circumference, cravings, Dr appointments, and brought the journal to the hospital and wrote about the birth.
  • Options
    I have been keeping one! I write after each appointment, when new things happen, how I am feeling, fun facts about myself and my husband, etc... I got a journal that looks like a cute sign when closed so it can be used for decor in the room, too!
  • Options
    I'm doing this! I decided to make my own instead of buying a premade one. I got a book with blank white pages and named it "the pregnancy and baby book". I won't really put anything technical in there, but rather fun stories, ultrasound pictures, what I am eating, pregnancy-brain stories, how dad is doing, etc. then I will include the birth story. My sister had a pre-made one when she was little and it included cute things like a little envelope to put some hair from her first haircut. I also want to make it very colorful and add drawings, frames and stuff like that.
    So far I have pre-written stories on my phone so I don't forget them. I have also made a drawing of a mother and baby for the title page but I haven't filled in anything else. This nausea makes me want to do nothing at all!
  • Options
    I've just started to feel human again after the nausea (14 weeks 5 days) and now I've ordered a journal to keep a record. :-) a cute pregnancy one. Can't wait for it to arrive :x
  • Options
    htilsonhtilson member
    edited May 2015
    Hallmark has a great journal/keepsake book. It has it broken down by trimester and then the pages break it down by month. Also, it has a place for pictures, different doctor appts and notes. It comes with calendar pages in the back. It makes it easy for me to write things down because everything has a designated section ready to go. Love it!
  • Options
    htilsonhtilson member
    Nice and easy to use
  • Options
    I thought about it but I barely remember to do little things and I know I will forget about it if I decide to do a journal..however I think after this baby comes and when I'm pregnant with number 2 I'll do it..
  • Options
    My best friend got me "The Belly Book" when I told her I was pregnant. It has pages for each week and spots to put belly photos. It's a nice way to record the whole experience
  • Options
    Aww that's a sweet idea!
  • Options
    I have been writing journals for DS who is almost 13 years. I have fibormyalgia my worst symptom is fibor fog.. I forget everything and would like write all joys of being their mom, surgeries, first day of school. Advice etc. DD is only 5 months have so much to write about..
  • Options
    An alternate idea that I went with was an email account.  I created an email account for my little man that he will receive when he is old enough to need one (e.g. applying for jobs or college).  Along the way I've been sending him emails that can range from things like "pre-birth thoughts", "what's going on in the world around you", "happy birthday", "your first [insert holiday here]", etc.  We also send him pictures and videos (hopefully they will still play when he finally receive the account.  Just a thought, but we love writing him emails.  We've also given the account info to the grandparents in case they want to send emails.