April 2015 Moms
Options

Finally venturing out..suggestions?

FTM here! At 5 weeks I am finally taking my son to my husbands triathlon tomorrow! It is outdoors and calling for high 70s low 80s and I thought it would be the perfect outing, people have been bugging me to come out for a while now - I've just been enjoying myself with him!

Any suggestions? I'm going alone and planning on skipping the stroller and putting him in the bjorn to help avoid constant touching and holding (maybe I am a bit silly). Hoping for the best as I am a worrier! Will take any advice or suggestions!

Re: Finally venturing out..suggestions?

• Options
    Bring the stroller. Carrying diaper bag and wearing baby gets very annoying. Do you have a combo stroller wear you and put the shades up on infant car seat and stroller. No one can see in there.
  • Options
    I would stick with baby carrier. Crowds and strollers are irritating for everyone. Wear a light shirt, carrier and then some sweater/jacket - a layer you can easily take off if you get hot. I have had my LO in a wrap, sling, and ergo since week one. It is great being able to navigate crowds and have hands free. Don't over pack diaper bag - you may want to use small backpack.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    xuxachixuxachi member
    Bring a sun hat for the LO - I've had my DS in the carrier in our yard and the sun is always getting in his face - plus you want to watch for burning. I agree a back pack is a good idea for baby things - right now their stuff is small. I would not bring too many layers for you - the baby is going to warm you up.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    Thank you all so much!