January 2016 Moms
Options

Body pillow vs pregnancy pillow?

ftm here and I just wanted to know what has worked better with you ladies. I'm only 6 weeks and I'm starting to have a horrible time sleeping (and it doesn't help that I've had back pains way before pregnancy.)

Re: Body pillow vs pregnancy pillow?

• Options
    DH bought me a pregnancy pillow for Mother's Day and I absolutely adore it. It curves around your body perfectly and supports you in the exact places you need it. Plus, it grows and shapes around you as you get bigger. Definitely recommend it!
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    I got out my body pillow from my last 2 pregnancies just last night. I'm not there yet, but eventually, I'll have a body pillow on one side of me and 2 standard pillows laying end to end on the other side of me, plus my pillow for my head. DH calls it my pregnancy nest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started sleeping with a regular pillow between my legs since my first pregnancy and have ever since.  I don't see the need in getting those gigantic body pillows.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• Options

I got out my body pillow from my last 2 pregnancies just last night. I'm not there yet, but eventually, I'll have a body pillow on one side of me and 2 standard pillows laying end to end on the other side of me, plus my pillow for my head. DH calls it my pregnancy nest.

HAHA I did this same thing when I was pregnant with my DD, but I also slpet with a pillow between my legs.  I will be doing the same thing again
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EmXaEmXa member
    Oh I am glad you posted this I was wondering the same thing the other day myself. I am determined to not waste money on silly baby stuff that isn't a necessity. I think my old body pillow will suffice after reading the responses.
  • Options
    I had a pregnancy pillow with my DD and this is something I will definitely be purchasing again.  However, I'm still debating between the full horseshoe (what I had last time) and the candy cane shape (more husband friendly). :)
    *YCSWU July Siggy" 

LFAF July Siggy
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im a FTM too and have had the worst time sleeping the last couple of weeks. Hubby ordered me this pillow and I got it yesterday and finally got some sleep! I love it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FRS2C2E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1431698752&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=khomo+pillow&dpPl=1&dpID=41n97ogn6GL&ref=plSrch
  • Options
    I used a long body pillow last time, with a regular pillow wedged behind my back. I've been curious about the pregnancy pillow, but I like to sleep with my arm under my head and I worry that wouldn't work very well with the way the pillow is shaped.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    I've been sleeping with a pillow that's around the length of a yard stick and its shaped like a cylinder it's just a decorative pillow I had around the house this is my first pregnancy . But the pillow is doing fairly well supporting my body and Letting me sleep. Will look in to other pillows tho soon
  • Options
    I think I would feel trapped inside a pregnancy pillow. A body pillow always worked great for me and is about $40 less expensive.