Parenting after 35

downside of having a huge kid

DS will be 2 in a few weeks. However, he's a giant, and could definitely pass for an older 3. I had him out yesterday at the dentist and was getting dirty looks for his behavior in the waiting room (getting into things, like a normal ONE year old), and because I needed to change his diaper, and because they couldn't understand a lot of what he said. People expect him to act like he's 3 because he looks like he's 3. Um, no. Also, this was a pediatric dentist. WTH. The staff was great. They had his information, including DOB, and knew he was actually behaving really well for his age. But the waiting room observers. Ugh. I hate people sometimes.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: downside of having a huge kid

• That sucks.
    Before I had kids I would sometimes side-eye moms in a Target checkout line with kids who were shrieking or doing typical toddler stuff and moms were just not reacting. Now, having a 'very animated' DD1 and another DD to tote around I AM one of those moms who doesn't react most of the time, because really, what can you do? Kids will be kids...
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    My sister had the same problem with my nieces and nephew.  Both my sister and her hubby are tall so the kids were always off the charts.  She would get the side eye when one of the kids acted out because they have always looked way older than they actually were.  
    People just need to MYOB!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm surprised you got the eye at a pediatric dentist. (Good for you taking your 1 yr old already! I'm procrastinating. Maybe that's another reason they think he's 3?) Now that I have kids, I don't eye anyone unless we are at a restaurant or something where I think the parent should take them outside until they calm down. Especially, you never know if they have special needs. Who am I to judge? I can only slightly relate. DS1 was wearing 2T at 6mo. old but he was just chunky, not tall. (Reflux feeding issues and didn't crawl, slow to walk) I got comments everywhere I went about his size and chunky-ness, even drs. Just rude. I guess we need to make stickers/buttons for them to wear that say "I'm 1!" And "Don't call me chunky, I'm just big-boned" LOL sheesh
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker