High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone have cerclage?

I had a cerclage placed 4 weeks ago and today I am in a lot of pain. I don't want to over react and race to the hospital. I wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this. No one I know has. I'm not bleeding or anything just super uncomfortable and feel like my cervix is freaking out.

Re: Anyone have cerclage?

• Options
    Yes, also had my cerclage about 4 weeks. Bi would call and talk to MFM on call, better safe than sorry. Let them decide how to best address your discomfort, and r/o any emergent situations. They get paid to be on call-so you don't need to worry about bothering anyone. The alternative is to call the on call OB, they can consult with on call MFM, if needed. Good luck!!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    I have a cerclage, but only had discomfort for the first week. Never really any pain - so I'd definitely call a doctor!
    Me: 41; DH: 49
    Married in 2010. 
    Laparoscopy for endometriosis - July 2010.
    BFP#1: Jan 2011; MMC March 2011
    BFP#2: Nov 2011; Blighted Ovum December 2011
    Diagnosed with high FSH and DOR - January 2012
    BFP#3: (Gonal-F, Trigger + TI) - May 2012; DD born Jan 2013 (c-section because of partial placental abruption)

December 2013: FSH 27, AMH < 0.03
    A few medicated TI cycles in 2014.
    BFP#4: (Gonal-F, Trigger +TI) - Nov 2014; DS born July 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?  I had a cerclage placed at 13 weeks and didn't have much discomfort after the first few days.  But now that I'm almost 34 weeks, I do have pains sometimes.  In fact, it felt like he was stabbing me in the cervix a few times, I was flinching it hurt so much!  My doctor said it was most likely his head hitting my cervix at a different angle.  I have a sono this week, and they'll check my cervix again, but hopefully the pain isn't from dilation (which had crossed my mind).  I would call and get it checked out to be sure it isn't anything serious.
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a transabdominal cerclage. It was placed pre-pregnancy by Dr. Davis in New Jersey. If you look up Abbyloopers there is a lot of information on it. It's up significantly higher than the mcdonald cerclage that most doctors recommend. It doesn't have to be replaced after every pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy with it. I'm only 5 weeks.