December 2014 Moms

Teething

My baby girl has started teething. I was wondering what has worked for you all to help relieve the pain? We have used the frozen wash cloth and that seems to help.

Re: Teething

• MAM teethers and the Nuby ice rings were a go to for us.  A touch of Baby Oragel when she was having a really sore time helped or if it was a horrible day, a small dose of acetemenaphin.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I think we may be beginning this journey too.  He's fussier than usual, drooling a ton, and wants to put everything in his mouth.  He's constantly chewing on his thumb.  I'm not ready for teeth!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Tylenol for at night and Hylands Teething Tabs during the day.

Test
  • Teething tabs and a clean finger to chew on
  • We couldn't find our chew toys from when our son was teething so I got some more for our DD.  Last time, we used fingers, teething toys, baby asprin, and on rare occasions a rub of whiskey since the oral gel usually didn't work well for us.  I am also dreading this stage since I had to do a lot of 2 am drives to get DS to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are getting to that point too, sometimes DS sucks his hands so hard from the backseat, the noise is hilarious.   We are in a parenting group locally and one of the other babies puts his entire fists in his mouth, he looks like a chipmunk.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We got our first tooth on May 5!  Last night I got my first bite - I let him fall asleep while eating, and when he bit me I squealed so loud my husband came running from the other room!  I'll be more careful about letting him fall asleep while eating again!
    BabyFetus Ticker