Multiples

new and FTM question!

Hello all!

My name is Alyssa and I am extremely expecting twins in Nov/Dec! We are very excited and thankful however sometimes a little over whelmed and scared! 2 babies at 1 time is a lot but I know very doable! I am a FTM so as far as what to expect during pregnancy I know nothing. I have a few questions
1) How much weight did you doctor recommend you gain?
2) How much did you actually gain?
3) How active were you during pregnancy?
4) How long were you able to be active?
5) What week did you deliver?
6) Was bed rest needed?

Thanks in advance! Sorry about the previous posts it wasn't posting everything!

Re: new and FTM question!

• Congratulations! I am 37 weeks pregnant with twins and I honestly didn't think I would make it this far but I'm so happy I did. To answer your questions..
    1) How much weight did your doctor recommend you gain? My doctor recommended 40-50 pounds
    2) How much did you actually gain? I am up 40 pounds and I have been at 40 pounds for weeks now because my belly is too full of babies to fit a lot of food in there.
    3) How active were you during pregnancy? I wasn't extremely active but I do have a toddler so he kept me moving. I did enjoy naps often though.
    4) How long were you able to be active? I hit a wall at around 30 weeks and now I am pretty much incapable of getting off the couch. So much pressure and my muscles and tendons hurt whenever I am on my feet for awhile.
    5) What week did you deliver? I am scheduled for a C-section next week at 38 weeks but I don't know if I will make it that long.
    6) Was bed rest needed? Not needed according to my doctor but walking around the past couple weeks have not been easy so I pretty much put myself on bedrest.
    Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • vpinevpine member
    FTM here too - I just had twin girls 11 weeks ago - was told to gain 45-50 lbs, gained 30 lbs, lost all the 30 lbs in 4 weeks.

Made it to 37 weeks exactly, had c section which was what I wanted. I was NOT active at all during pregnancy, was told no sex, no stairs and no exercising due to low lying placenta at 5 months - birth. I was never put on bed rest but I did stop working at 33 weeks on my own, it was so uncomfortable to drive at that point and I thought my water would break at 33-35 weeks which is average. However, I made it to 37 weeks, went in for weekly ultrasound and they decided on c section that moment - water never broke on its own at home or anything.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! These are all great questions!

I'm 37wks/4 days and due for csection at 38wks/3 days

1) How much weight did you doctor recommend you gain? 35-45 lbs

2) How much did you actually gain? Right now I'm up 43 lbs and estimate I'll finish at 45 lbs

3) How active were you during pregnancy?
    I worked out until around 25 weeks about 2 times a week and regularly walked dogs about 2-3 times week (~25 min walks). By ~30 weeks I abandoned gym and dropped walking dogs to only 1-2 times week.

4) How long were you able to be active? I'd say my activity took a nosedive around 34 weeks. Typical activity after 34 wks involved doing 1 or 2 errands a day.

5) What week did you deliver? It will be 38 wks

6) Was bed rest needed? Not yet. I have been working laid out on the couch since about 33 weeks (I work from home anyways). I stopped working at end of 36 wks, but am still doing a few last minute work tasks.
  • Congrats-

1) How much weight did you doctor recommend you gain? My dr told me I would gain what I needed to gain and not to stress about it. I was a healthy weight and active when I got pregnant. 

2) How much did you actually gain? 60 pounds total. When I had to stop work and stay home with my feet up I lost 10 pounds (obvs just fluid) in like 3 days. 
    3) How active were you during pregnancy? Other than normal everyday walking here and there no. 
    4) How long were you able to be active? I was moving until the end.
    5) What week did you deliver? planned c/s at 37 weeks
    6) Was bed rest needed? I was put on house rest and pulled out of work at 33 weeks. By then I was really swollen (no pre e thankfully) and not sleeping much at night since I couldn't get comfortable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers