December 2014 Moms
Options

Help, 4mo old with horrible Ezema

Ive been trying creme after creme but it keeps getting worse. She wakes up all night long rubbing and itching. Anybody have a lotion they had good experience with?

Re: Help, 4mo old with horrible Ezema

• Options
    My doc recommended hydrocortisone cream, vasoline or breast milk to put on ours. Working me well to clear it up. We are switched to dreft for laundry.
  • Options
    Aquaphor healing ointment!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hydrocortisone ointment worked wonders AND cleared the cradle cap.
  • Options
    take her to your Doc and get a prescription cream.  its the only thing that helped our first DD.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Aquaphor only thing that helps my LO. I put it on him 2-3 times a day or else he breaks out all over his face. If its really bad then I put hydrocortisone cream on him as well.

• Options
    Thank you all
  • Options
    weer456weer456 member
    Ever since we started using the Aquaphor, we've noticed huge improvement with my DD eczema. If its really bad, we use a bit of hydrocortisone cream. But then we apply the Aquaphor on top and it's been working for us.
  • Options
    kelsirekelsire member
    How did your doctor decide you LOs had eczema?
    I am pretty sure my LO has it but my doctor didn't seem concerned. She has had spots on her head since birth and a rash for a few weeks that seems to itch.
    Was the diagnoses just from viewing the skin or is there a test they can do?
  • Options
    My doctor knew it was ezema at first glance, i dont think there is a test.
  • Options
    I use aveeno baby eczema therapy moisturizing cream and his eczema cleared up very quickly!
    Hope your munchkin feels better soon!!
    Happy Mother's Day!
  • Options
    Thank you :) happy Mothers day
  • Options
    Aquaphor and Aveeno eczema have been working for my LO. I've been told prescription creams are too strong for babies. Also try blending an Aloe leaf and rubbing the mixture on, I also use it on my own eczema it works wonders and its natural!
  • Options
    lam374lam374 member
    My dermatologist suggested Vericream. We've been using it at daycare because it's less greasy then aquaphor but still works just as well. They also make a sunscreen because my ds had a bad flare up after using the neutrogena baby sunscreen. I just bought hydrocortisone cream for the itch and I'm going to try that tonight. I hope it helps because the scratching is just making it worse. I've also read about bleach or vinegar baths to kill the bacteria on the skin. They are more prone to infections if they are scratching and making little cuts in the skin. Good luck! I think it's a little trial and error in the beginning.
  • Options
    katninekatnine member
    Do you breast feed? My friend and her baby have had terrible eczema for months. She just found out that the baby is allergic to oatmeal and she was eating that to help with supply. Try elimination from your diet and that maybe your issue.
  • Options
    Thank you all... We have improvemant finally.