April 2015 Moms

What does your baby sleep in?

I never leave my baby alone to sleep I sleep on the couch to make sure I'm level with him to hear him breathe. My baby sleeps in a sleep and play fisher price rocker/bassinet . It elevates him just a bit and comes up on the sides like a hammock which is nice because it's all he would sleep in when he was born because it held him tighter but now I'm reading they're not supposed to sleep in those. What are your thoughts or what does your baby sleep in?

Re: What does your baby sleep in?

• allymasallymas member
    My twin preemies sleep in miracle blanket swaddles and each have a rock n play. They need to stay elevated because of their reflux....my pedi said it's completely fine to sleep in those! I think you are good!
  • houser1406houser1406 member
    edited May 2015
    My daughter sleeps in her crib and has since day 1
  • Loading the player...
  • DD sleeps swaddled in a Moses basket right beside my bed.
  • My LO sleeps in his crib in a swaddleme (we've had him in a swing in our room, we've done a bouncy seat, etc). In his nursery, we can create the perfect conditions for him: he prefers a light on, we have a white noise machine on, and we've been using our monitor to listen for when he cries (it's a video monitor, so I can look, too). I do periodically check if he's breathing...but sometimes have to tell myself to "let the Angels watch over him." On the plus side, he's one month old and often sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch at night. Glorious. Don't worry, he's gaining weight like a champ and eating well.
  • We have a travel crib with wheels in our room and we attached a sound machine to it that plays ocean sounds/heart beats/soft music if he's having trouble falling asleep. We have been swaddling him in blankets around his torso (he likes his arms free) but now we are trying the halo sleepsacks (he's now 11 lbs).
  • I use a bassinet beside me in our room. If your worried about hearing baby breathe you can get a baby monitor called the angel monitor, it has a sensor that goes under their mattress and if they stop breathing it sets off an alarm. I use it and it's great. Also I would strongly suggest for those of you using the rock and play that you read the reviews on Amazon. It says right on it it is good for over night but I do not think it's suppose to be a bassinet alternative. A lot of people found it was giving their babies flat heads that required medical attention! I won't say to not use it but after I read the reviews on Amazon I chose not to use it
  • She sleeps in her pack n play(it has a bassinet part that she sleeps in)
  • Mine sleeps in the exact same fisher price rocker!
  • My little guy sleeps in a pack n play in our room. We swaddle him in a Swaddle Me, & he also wears a Levana monitor.

He does sleep in the rock n play on our main level during the day.
  • JAP09-02 said:

My little guy sleeps in a pack n play in our room. We swaddle him in a Swaddle Me, & he also wears a Levana monitor.

He does sleep in the rock n play on our main level during the day.

We have a Levana as well and love it! I'm really bad at remembering to put it on her though.

• He sleeps in his cradle in our room. We have a little mini nursery in the bedroom with a rocker/ottoman and everything to change and dispose of diapers. I'm not sure when we will move him to his crib in his bedroom.
  • Pix3llePix3lle member
    He sleeps in a bassinet in our room, but when he really wont sleep we put him in the fischer price rocker we have as he sleeps better in it.
  • Same. We had her in her rock n play for about a week and a half before I started getting nervous that she would become accustomed to it instead of her bassinet or crib. We switched her to her bassinet, in which she sleeps 2-3 hours at a time. On a particularly bad night, we will put her in the rock n play because she sleeps so well in it (on average she gets up once a night in that thing).
  • Thank you everyone !
  • Rock n play too:) she's sleeps through the night since three weeks. I put her in her pack n play during the day to get used to a flat surface during the day. Crib won't be here for another month I hope we don't have a problem transitioning to that:(
  • Either his rock n play (we upgraded to the one that rocks itself), or the mapper portion of his pack n play.

BabyFruit Ticker'>ticker 

• RSupryRSupry member
    I have the one that rocks itself too. I love it.
  • He loves his rock n play and the pediatrician said it was a great place for him to sleep. Easy to transport too.
  • MrsS728MrsS728 member
    My daughter sleeps in a bassinet that my grandfather made for me when I was born. The mattress is elevated with a makeshift wedge because she has congestion after nursing. We wrap her in a swaddle pod under her armpits because she doesn't like her arms restricted. 
  • In her crib from day one in her room with a swaddle me
  • Our daughter sleeps with us in bed. She is 4 weeks. We have a pack n play thing with a bassinet attachment that has such an angle that we find her scrunched up at the bottom of it. Not safe. We are now trying to nap her in her room in her crib, if she isn't woken up easily.
  • My son is 8 weeks today, he sleeps in a crib in my room most of the time...the other part of the time he sleeps next to me in my bed. I don't get it but he doesn't wake as much in my bed and I even sleep better...hopefully he starts liking the crib more I miss being able to cuddle his daddy! 
  • Sleeps in the Halo Bassinest next to our bed. Was swaddling her with Halo sleepsacks but for the past several nights she's just gone to sleep in pajamas after keeping her arms unswaddled for a few nights in the sleepsack. She also wears a Levana Snuzza at night. 
    BabyFruit Ticker