April 2014 Moms

Juice?

Talltrees82Talltrees82 member
edited May 2015 in April 2014 Moms
Are you giving your little one juice yet? If so, tell me what kind in the comments!

Juice? 61 votes

Yes
26% 16 votes
No
67% 41 votes
SS
6% 4 votes

Re: Juice?

• ksulliksulli member
    I've let her have a sip of my orange juice. But I checked the ingredients first: pasteurized Orange juice. I let her have oranges, so a sip of my OJ every few days is fine by me. Other than that we're milk & water for fluids.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • I'm trying to hold off for now since there's so much sugar. I was horrible about drinking water when I was little, so I guess I'm hoping if he gets used to it now, maybe he'll make it a life long habit? Probably too much to hope for...but I'm gonna give it a shot! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We're just milk and water here too... DH and I don't drink juice so we never have it in the house. I'm not going to rush into giving it to LO but I was curious to see what everyone else is doing!
  • SS. I give her white grape or prune juice thoughout the day. She's still sensitive to dairy so pedi said this would help regulate her.
  • kmos816kmos816 member
    I've only given apple or prune juice when she's backed up... I buy the mini bottles of Gerber juice and then I water it down too.
  • smushismushi member
    SS.  He's only had it when sick.  Maybe 3 times ever?  Other than that, he gets breast milk, water, or now we're adding in some almond milk to see what he thinks (he's allergic to dairy).
  • I don't usually have juice at home. She can have a sip if I'm drinking it somewhere, but even my 3 year old doesn't get juice on a regular basis
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have tried 3 times to get LO to drink juice and she just won't do it! She will drink water and milk though, so I suppose that's a plus!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Not her own cup full, but I let her have a sip of almost anything I'm drinking (I don't drink pop or booze, however this does make it tough to keep her out of my coffee!).
  • TiffB93TiffB93 member
    We give her juice, milk, and water on a daily basis. She loves it. We just give her whatever we have. She hasn't had a juice yet that she doesn't like.
  • We do juice daily. She usually has either apple or some kind of grape. We usually water it down though since there is so much sugar and we also try to buy the kids juice so it's reduced sugar.
  • I tried Apple juice when he was constipated a month or so ago...he didn't like it and just pushed the cup away. When he had the stomach bug a couple weeks ago, I tried pedialyte, and he reaaaally didn't like that. So, we're sticking to water and milk, which is fine by me! Probably will stick with that for a while. Except I gave him a sip of my Gatorade today cause he was about to lose his mind waiting on dinner, and he loved it. Who knows.
  • My kiddo has a lot of trouble pooping pretty often so I give her either the little bottles of gerber apple prune juice or just a sippy of reduced sugar apple juice with lunch everyday to help her poop.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LolaX2LolaX2 member
    DD sometimes gets a hold of my older DS's sippy cup when he has juice and she loves it. I don't mind her trying a little here and there but I only give her water or milk by choice. DS only gets juice once a day at most, normally its every few days.