Infertility
Options

12 Days Past Ovulation (TTC with Fertility Issues...aka Am I Crazy?)

Hello!

My husband and I are TTC. I'm on cycle day 23, which I'm estimating is 12 DPO because my temperature spiked highest on day 11. I noticed strange symptoms around day 11...heavy, tender breasts that have increased in size, increased saliva, some cramping, backaches, migraines, sleeplessness and trouble staying asleep, vivid dreams, and A LOT of nausea and dizziness.

I took tests around days 15/16 because I needed to know--negative. I also took ovulation tests around day 11 and 13/14/15--negative. I'm confused! (We're fairly new to TTC, and the women in my family famously have a lot of trouble conceiving and delivering healthy babies.)

We used Progesterone to bring on my period (10 days, approx 2 days after which, my period came after 4 months). Then we used Clomid on days 6-10 to bring on ovulation. I don't know if the Clomid worked. I don't know if I even ovulated, really, because though my BBT chart suggests it did happen, not once did I get a positive ovulation test.

Could the remaining Progesterone/Clomid in my system be creating these symptoms? Could I (please Lord) really be pregnant? Or am I deluding myself?

Thank you so much for your time and advice! I will owe you many hugs :)

Re: 12 Days Past Ovulation (TTC with Fertility Issues...aka Am I Crazy?)

• Options
    Are you asking if you are pregnant?
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
  • Options
    Depending on the type of fertility problems you have, the Ovulation tests may not work properly. (Example, I have PCOS, and so they don't work for me) so I wouldn't base ovulation entirely on those tests. 

The best advice I can give is get the book titled Taking charge of your Fertility. (you can get it off Amazon for $20). It explains a lot of information and can help you better understand if you have indeed ovulated around the time you think you did. (among other things).

As per the rules of the site, asking if we think you are pregnant isn't allowed (I don't want to start a war about this, just wanted to inform)... But I hope that you can find some answers in if you've ovulated / what is causing your symptoms. 

I bought the book mentioned, and have used it to help guide me in knowing my body a little better. 
    Seeing your Dr. can also tell you if you've ovulated or not- based on ultra sounds... but in my opinion, the more you know about your own body, the better. You won't have to rely on the Dr.s to tell you these things.  

Good luck to you in your TTC journey! 

ME: 24 | HIM: 30
    Dr put me on BC pills at age 18 to regulate period. 
    <3 Got Married July 2013  <3
    TTC: Since Jan. 2014. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS Fall 2014. (Not IR)
    Fertility Acupuncture March 2015 - December 2015
    First BFP on 2/6/2016!

(Typical Cycle length 35-48 days)