Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly Check-In 5/10

How was your week?

QOTW: Tell us a little bit about the personality of each of your children, likes, dislikes, etc.

Re: Weekly Check-In 5/10

• Options
    I'm spending most of maternity leave doing crap which doesn't have a deadline, but I don't have time to do when I'm working. Examples = re-organizing the files in my desk drawers, cleaning out closets, etc. The past week was surprisingly productive.

My oldest child will be 2 next month. He's very outgoing, curious, and energetic. He's the kid that figured out how to undo the childproof locks at daycare. He likes anything he can build or create (blocks, art, etc) This translates into lots of messes. I know his interests and personality will make him very successfull in the future, but I worry about dealing with him before he's mature enough to have some self-control. His new thing right now is moving the ottoman across the room and using it to climb over the baby gate. It is impossible to babyproof for this kid. Also, he smeared poop all over the carpet in his room after his nap today (before we knew he was awake). Happy Mother's day to me!

DD is 5 weeks old, and so far she is his polar opposite. She's very mellow and will sleep anywhere. The poor child will probably never have any attention from us, because we'll be too busy making sure her brother doesn't blow himself up or burn down the house.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    My week was annoying and I'm now dealing with a bit of mommy burn-out. DS had a week-long growth spurt. I think we're done for now. The good news is he's been demanding more independent play time.

I went to bed one night without removing my makeup, because, you know, crying baby, and developed a stye. I managed to treat it without an infection. Also, we were recovering too slowly from our food poisoning the week before, so we've been swallowing raw chopped garlic. It's worked great but you don't want to be around us.

DS has been using the changing table as a toilet lately. So, I'm looking into Elimination Communication. I hope I don't bite off more than I can chew.

I'm bracing for DS's first vaccine tomorrow (we skipped Hep B). I hope it doesn't add to his crankiness.

QOTW: DS is 2 months old, so there isn't a lot going on. He's very energetic, determined, and particular. He likes exploring and listening to music.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GuennieGuennie member
    I had a great week and I'm looking forward to another one as one of my best friends is coming to visit. I haven't seen her in so long.

QOTW: my daughter is now 17 months and she's so full of life. She really has a strong personality. She is full of determination and curiosity. She absolutely loves books. Despite how outgoing she is, she is also a little sensitive and shy, so she takes after me that way. She's also very sweet, giving everyone and everything that makes her happy kisses. I love how her communication is taking off. She definitely isn't behind on anything, she seems to be pretty sharp. I hope she uses this to her advantage as she gets older. She's absolutely a toddler but not super super high maintenance so I'm thankful for that. :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Busy week last week.  Better than the week before but still suffering with work xrap.  I can't wait for June so I get a break from it all.  

I have a 3 year old who is nutty but in the best way.  She is funny and spunky and can try the patience of a saint.  At school she is the polar opposite.  People who know her at home wouldn't recognize her at school, she is quiet and shy there. 
    Tonight she was swimming in the pool with my hubs and having such a great time, we had a nice dinner and calm bedtime so it was nice.  She is a horrible eater so a night without tears over a meal is a good thing.

I have 1 year old (17 months) little guy who I believe is part monkey.  He is climbing any and everything.  He is so sweet and snuggly when he isn't wiggling like a worm.  He is a Mamma's boy for sure.  He finally had a language burst so he is quite the chatty cathy these days.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Our week was fairly quiet, I think I only left the house once and was finally able to do some laundry and kept the kitchen clean all week, even with cooking multiple meals! But we're still nowhere near back to normal on the chore/cooking front! ;)

I went to a meetup group for mommies and met some pretty cool/laid back moms and some were actually close to my age (I'm 38), but I was still the oldest, but they were all nice and actually chatted quite a bit with each, which is amazing b/c I'm so introverted when it comes to meeting new people. It was so nice to be out of the house! I've also been taking Sebastian to my mom & grandma's for a weekly visit and they really enjoy time with him.

Bash is 8 weeks now and has started to be more socially interactive with a lot of eye contact, smiling (joy!) and some cooing. He's crying a lot less, but I just have to keep him moving, he cannot stand being still for more than a few minutes (other than when he's eating or sleeping). He is such a squirmy/wiggly guy, I think he's going to be constantly on the move once he's able to start crawling and walking! I feel like we have a good thing going now with the sleep schedule and keeping him entertained -- so now I hardly cry anymore! :D
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hey ladies! I missed last week check-in. It's kinda crazy around here. We're flying out to GA today on a scouting trip related to MH's potential new job. Still not sure how I feel about moving and leaving NC, but if that's his best job option then so be it. We'll see. I'm stressed about traveling with the LO. She's not the easiest of babies still. Hard to believe that when we had DD1, we were romping around Europe and all over with her right from the beginning and all was good... I guess I lost some of my parenting cool with age.

DD1: 3yo, super outgoing, energetic, her teacher recently called her 'very animated' which to me is code word for CRAY CRAY! She's very physical, plays hard, crashes hard, for a while she was the loudest kid on our street, yells super loud when excited about friends etc... She's very much like MH, ritualistic - everything has to be done JUST SO or we have a meltdown. She's a total extrovert , I'm very introverted, and that's forced me to come out of my shell a lot more than I normally would.

DD2: 6mo and so far she's more into observing the world. Not into baby toys I show her, but give this kid a spoon or any real life item and she's in heaven. She's very tactile, wants to grab and explore and taste everything she sees. DD1 was not like thay at all. And she's def NOT a chill younger sibling. Since birth, she's screamed every time we try to put her down so she gets carried around ALL OF THE TIME! Wants to be close to me all the time too, cuddled into my chest looking out at the world, eating her hand. That's it as far as personality at this point I guess.
  • Options
    My week was pretty good. I don't remember anything sticking out in the back of my mind that would say otherwise. lol

Hang with me...I have 4 girls.
    *DD1: the typical first child. Bossy and know it all. But sweet as can be. She has started mastering our sarcastic sense of humor her dad and me both have. Thankfully she is not boy crazy like I was at that age. But she is holding out hope for this sweet boy that is her best friend at church. She will be 15 in Aug

*DD2: she has always been my sensitive sweetheart. Would cry at the drop of a hat if someone or something upset her. Sometimes she still does. She gets called goody goody at school bc of her love for Jesus and not willing to cuss. But doesn't let that bother her. She is my only child that favors me. The rest all look just like daddy. She will be 13 in Sept.

*DD3 is my baby. She is my most loving one. Always making us pictures and whatnots. She always wants to be at my side and go places with me. She definitely reminds me of me when I was little. She turns 8 in a few weeks.

*and last but not least DD4. Only 4mths old, I can tell she is going to be more high maintenance than the other 3. She does not like the carseat and lets you know it. She loves to nap but only on me. She has to be in bed by 7:30 or she will start having a meltdown and then no one is happy. But gosh I love her.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg