Baby Showers
Options

Harry Potter Themed Shower

Trying to narrow down ideas for an HP themed baby shower for a co-worker.  We work at a school, so this would be an hour long event after a school day.  Casual and not that intricate towards the theme.  She will also be moving cross country a few days later, so we're trying to keep things easier in that way (less to move).  I have the idea to bring a big decorated plastic bin/tub for her to put things in so she doesn't have to worry about repacking the gifts.  

What are some things you would focus on for decorations if you are into Harry Potter?

Is there a good way to mention in the invitation that since she is moving we're trying to consider size for gifts?  Or would it be better to just pass it along verbally to teachers?  The idea is not to dictate what they would purchase for gifts but to make them aware that they will be uprooting the next week and literally going across the country, so lots of larger items may cost them moving efforts and more stress in the long run.  (This same group held a shower for me a year ago, and they were very generous and gave me many of our large item needs.)

What are you the top three things you would like to see at an HP themed shower, and what would you do, if anything, about mentioning their move in relation to the size of the gift? 

Re: Harry Potter Themed Shower

• Options
    Since you're organising, and not the recipient, could you suggest you're collecting to put towards a gift card since she'll be moving?  Then have a bin if people choose to buy something different - or, conversely, find out the address of a store she's registered at where she's moving, and let co-workers perhaps buy the gift for pick up at her new home?  I realise telling people what to buy is 'not ok', but an email around to co-workers with those suggestions might work better in this situation.  
  • Options
    Butter beer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you hang stuff? Cause these floating candles would be awesome

They're just paper towel rolls with little LED candles.

Portraits!

Bunting

BALLOON OWLS.

• Options

Since you're organising, and not the recipient, could you suggest you're collecting to put towards a gift card since she'll be moving?  Then have a bin if people choose to buy something different - or, conversely, find out the address of a store she's registered at where she's moving, and let co-workers perhaps buy the gift for pick up at her new home?  I realise telling people what to buy is 'not ok', but an email around to co-workers with those suggestions might work better in this situation.  

This is what my coworkers did for me when I was pregnant with DD and we were moving. And just for fun they put it inside a box, inside a box, inside a box. The outside box was HUGE and it made it fun, finally getting to the gift card inside. AND it gave us more boxes to use for our move! LOL
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15