December 2015 Moms

Thin skinned chubby momma

ok so I am on the chubby size (size 13/14 pants not pregnant) and I am only 7 weeks pregnant. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm due soon. It really hurts my feelings that people must think I'm pregnant all the time.

Re: Thin skinned chubby momma

• nik6499nik6499 member
    People suck. When people ask me if I'm pregnant, which for the last year or so for me is always a toss up lol I just smile and say, Nope just fat.

Trust me they won't ask twice ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • It's not the size, it's the shape. As your uterus expands and the bloat all gets pushed up, it gives your belly a more round shape. I always get a lot of "Wow! I didn't think you'd be so big so soon! Imagine how huge you'll be in a few more months." Jeez, thanks?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I get it all the time! I actually lied to a cashier this week on how far along I am :( I was so embarrassed to tell her I was only 8 1/2 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm definitely on the heavier side. I gained a lot of weight over the past year. People ask me if I'm pregnant and I just tell them, "no, I'm just fat!"

Of course, sometimes my feelings get hurt… But in general, I am sure that they go home feeling much worse than I do. Stay strong sweetheart :-) soon you will have a nice baby bump
  • I wore a dress the other day and I looked like my sister did right before my nephew was born. Don't feel bad. You are not alone! I did tell dh, the first time his mom says something about my weight, we are never speaking to her again. (she doesn't know about LO yet.)
  • People suck!  I'm sorry :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lalg28lalg28 member
    Yeah I get thay. I also get from the people who know I'm already pregnant...oh you're overweight so you're gonna have problems, I bet you'll have to have a c section. Whatever. Ignore them.
  • They have not learned proper etiquette then. You never ask a woman if she's pregnant. Even if you are 99% positive she is. Just never. Don't let their stupidity get to you. I'm sure you look beautiful.
  • I am chubby size 16...and i alrwady look about 5 months pg but i have lost weight
  • I know words can be hurtful, but just remember how strong and beautiful your body is...you're creating new life. Everyone else can suck it.
  • lalg28 said:

Yeah I get thay. I also get from the people who know I'm already pregnant...oh you're overweight so you're gonna have problems, I bet you'll have to have a c section. Whatever. Ignore them.

I would literally stab someone in the throat if they said this to me!

• lalg28lalg28 member
    @ssinnwell I wanted to lol
  • kmac103kmac103 member
    I have been dealing with a thyroid problem for the past 3 years which has caused me to gain a lot of weight. That being said, the weight gain was spread around evenly so I didn't look like I'd gained 80 pounds. Now I am 200 pounds and 7 weeks along but the bloat has literally gone only to my stomach making me looking like I'm 5 months lol I don't care what anyone says though. My husband still thinks I'm sexy and I don't mind that I look pregnant already. I embrace it and rock my maxi dresses :-) I've accepted the fact that I'm gonna be one of those big ole pregnant women that looks like she's gonna burst at 8 months!

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• I just wear a shirt that's baggy and one of my new maternity shirt that say "don't judge me I'm eating for two" whenever I'm having a really bloated day. Fits with SO's she's eating for 2, I'm drinking for 3 shirt <3
    I was chubby with endometriosis and abdominal issues to start with, I know it's bloat but I pretend it a bump at least till I get my real one
  • It's bloating though too. I'm a size 2 and people already assume I'm five months in. Because bloating + constipation = looking more pregnant than you are.
  • So easy to say but don't let it get to you. People are jerks. I've dealt with weight issues my entire life and I'm on the heavier end now so I feel your pain. Every day I battle with the image in the mirror. Skinny or overweight it just doesn't matter. What matters is if your healthy and being healthy for the baby. Like I said, try not to let people's ignorance get to you.
  • I'm a chubby too and it's getting very hard to disguise my pregnant looking bloat. I'm definitely not ready for the world to know but it probably isn't hard to figure out lol
  • SeleynaSeleyna member
    I work in a restaurant, and sometimes I'm actually get to use my Key (Culinary Professional) job class. I'm not a tiny woman either. Proportionate, but after LO I've been stuck around a 15/16-17/18, which is depressing since I was in a 12 when I was pregnant with him. I literally had only found out the week before when I had some ignorant bastard have the balls to ask me if I was pregnant?! My response was, "Yes. I am. I also only just had a baby 8 months ago so I still haven't lost all of the baby weight from him, and we only just found out. Thanks." And I was rude about it it. He just blissfully smiled and said, "I have that sense!" I wanted to punch some sense right into this thick-ass skull. Thanks for telling me that I'm fat, idiot.

Oh well. At least at 9, almost 10 weeks, I'm okay with looking like I'm pregnant again :)
    Became Stepmomma to the world's best little boy, Marcus, on November 1, 2009!
    BFP On December 7, 2013! Due August 8, 2014!
    Reese made his arrival on August 13, 2014 after 42 hours of labor!

BFP on April 2, 2015, estimated due date is December 6, 2015!
    Teryn made his arrival on December 6, 2015 after only 15 short hours of labor!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you ladies! All of your comments have litterally made me lol! It's nice to hear that there are women out there with my same struggle. I love my curves and so does my husband. All of these haters as I like to call them are just jealous they are not carrying the rockstar I am:) You ladies have made my day so all I can say with gratitude is, keep rockin' your bloat till the baby bump shows for real!
  • I would talk about the lack of pooping and gas if someone asked me... People don't like to talk about poop. Make them so uncomfortable that they will never make that mistake again! Eg...

Some idiot: "How far along are you?"
    One of us: "I'm only X weeks along but man, I'm so constipated! The gas is unreal... Constant gas pains and cramping. The bloat is unreal! I haven't taken a crap in 3 days!! Has that ever happened to you...?"

They'll drop the subject pretty quick I imagine :))
  • This post is AMAZING!!!