April 2014 Moms
Options

Recommend your jogging stroller!

Thinking of signing up for my first post-baby 1/2 marathon (8th in total though!). So, something that go quite a few miles and is comfortable of course (for me and baby!)......Was looking at the Bob's, but of course they are quite $$. So, something reasonable and moderate. Have been checking out my local kid consignment shop, are jogging strollers OK to buy at consignment??
thanks!!
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: Recommend your jogging stroller!

• Options
    I have a BOB, but we got it on craigslit for $80. It was like new. It's an awesome stroller. We got another one for free from my mom's friend, so dh an I can take both kids running. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that this one has the fixed front wheel which makes quick turns harder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ksulliksulli member
    BOBs are worth it. Especially if you can find one used. We have an off-brand at my parent's summer house and it just doesn't compare. Our large almost 4-yo still loves riding in the BOB, I think it's rated to 80lbs or more, so it really is. An investment when you look at the years of use.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have an instep jogger we got from Craigslist, but it pulls to one side. It only has a front fixed wheel, with no option for swivel. Our old landlord gave us his used double BOB stroller. It's amazing. When we found out we were expecting number 3, I splurged and bought a new BOB because ours could no longer be folded down. Well worth the money. If you're going to buy consignment, I'd take it for a lengthy test run outside with baby in it.
  • Options
    Ohhh it looks like I need a Bob! I've looked on craigslist & found a few but they are going for $175+
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Options
    Mport90Mport90 member
    Bought a bob used from a friend for over 200 it was worth it. New they are close to 500 I believe.
  • Options
    If you can wait it out, kohls has them on sale sometimes, and if you have a 30% off coupon, you can get a pretty good deal. That's how I got mine.
  • Options
    What is this "jogging" you speak of? Lol.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    Am I hijacking a thread if a ask how you guys fit in running? Ignore me if it's poor form. I'm thinking about giving running a try, but I'd have to take two little ones with me and getting them out the door for anything is like herding cats... Do you run morning or evening or just how do you fit it in to your schedule? I feel like I can just barely manage to get dinner made...
  • Options
    kmos816kmos816 member

Am I hijacking a thread if a ask how you guys fit in running? Ignore me if it's poor form. I'm thinking about giving running a try, but I'd have to take two little ones with me and getting them out the door for anything is like herding cats... Do you run morning or evening or just how do you fit it in to your schedule? I feel like I can just barely manage to get dinner made...

My husband and I are going to start jogging on the weekend. During the week I'm lucky to work from home so I can work out or run during the day... I had a hard time fitting it in when I was not working from home!
  • Options
    I have a baby trend that I love. We got it for $350 bucket seat included. The front wheel swivels and also locks if I want that option. I've put that thing through mud, snow, puddles, you name it!

As for timing, I get home around 4:30 and go out with LO and the dog right then. We eat the easiest dinners that take less than fifteen minutes to cook. Or I wait until LO's in bed and DH is home. I don't mind running in the dark or cold.
  • Options
    As far as fitting running in, I can't right now but plan to by summer. I am a fitness instructor and am teaching 20 classes a week(yes- 20 and I still have a hard time losing weight!!). Other then that, I am home with LO. But, come summer we are most likely moving with my husbands job so I will have no work (will try to pick up classes again but that usually takes some time).... I plan on starting up running again then- as I said above, I would like to run another 1/2 marathon in the Fall .
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Options
    Lucie's list put out their recommendations for jogging strollers in the last day or so. That might be a helpful resource too!