April 2015 Moms
Options

Too late for newborn photos?

how late is too late for newborn photos? My original photographer kept rescheduling and now my LO is 4 weeks old, is it too late?

Re: Too late for newborn photos?

• Options
    I would say go for it. If you want them, get them. I wouldn't worry if anyone says he/she is too old.
  • Options
    My daughter will be 4 weeks on saturday and we're getting her photos that morning...if you want them get them--you'll probably regret it if you don't!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Never to late! My sister is a photographer and made me do them when my dd was 5 days old, because they become more alert after 10 days and it takes longer to get some photos done. It's just a suggestion though. You will have photos of your baby with eyes open! My dd slept the whole time lol
  • Options
    sks306sks306 member
    I think 4 weeks is fine. I have even known some who did them at 6 weeks. Like previously said, you will probably get more open eye shots than some who did them really soon after birth, but I don't think that is a bad thing! :) I am hoping we will get some of our son with his eyes open because they are just so dang cute!
  • Options
    I did them yesterday with a baby that will be 4 weeks tomorrow. I regret not doing the newborn photos at the hospital but the photos we took yesterday satisfied me. He still looks like a newborn and we did some really nice family photos too. So I suggest you do them.
  • Options
    I hope not--I just had photos taken at 4 weeks.  I would pin the photographer down on how long editing will take though if your plan is to send out birth annoucements.