Toddlers: 24 Months+

2 year old wants to poop on potty but is scared, refuses diapers

I'm not sure what to make of my son's potty situation. He turned two at the beginning of April, which I know is young but he seemed ready and interested in training so we tried and right from the start he has indicated when he has to pee and consistently goes on the potty. We never make him sit on the potty, except before bed to try. He'll even hold it for awhile if we can't get to a toilet quickly, He tells us when he has to poop to, and will sit on the potty for long periods of time, of his own accord, but when he feels the 'urge' he freaks out and won't go. He will spend all evening running back and forth to the potty, or just sitting on it for a long time, and maybe get a teeny little poop out. We've started offering him a diaper to poop in but he does the same thing and asks us to take off the diaper so he can sit on the potty. At this point I just want him to poop already, no matter where it is. I'd love some advice or suggestions on what to try, I'm not sure what he is afraid of, other than the sensation maybe. He loves to flush his pee and he isn't pooping on the big toilet yet. Help!

Re: 2 year old wants to poop on potty but is scared, refuses diapers

• KDR1979KDR1979 member
    We're having the same issue. Our twins just turned 3 and are doing great with potty training. Except DS now says that it hurts to poop. He is obviously holding it. Not sure what to do.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• We potty trained ds using the 3daypottytraining.com method at 23 months he has been trained since poop and pee, day and night. The woman who design the program is great and has amazing advice! I highly recommend it! She responds to personal questions within 24hrs usually. We didnt have a pooping issue, otherwise i would let you know what she had said! But she is amazing and like i said DS was potty trained day and night in 3 days just before he turned 2!