June 2015 Moms
Options

funny story thread

So since I'm supposed to be keeping calm and avoiding stress I thought a thread dedicated to random funny stories might be a good idea...

My sister emailed me at work this morning to tell me that my 20 month old niece locked our mom out of the house. Apparently she went to do something in the garage and my niece took the opportunity to lock the door. After unsuccessfully trying to coach her into unlocking it, she walked to theneighbor's house to borrow a phone. She called my sister who didn't answer because she didn't recognize the number. She wound up having to call the main number and have them page my sister who called her husband who works 20 minutes away as a PT to drive home and let her in. I asked my niece on the phone earlier if she locked Mimi out so she could have some time to herself and she cutely replied, uh huh! That kid is a mess. Anyway, I thought it was a funny story and thought it might cheer some of us up to hear some cute/funny stories!

Re: funny story thread

• Options
    My son (22 months), locked my husband out one day. He stepped out the back door to get a tool of of his tool box and our son locked the door. He then climbed up on the kitchen table and was eating a package of Oreos. Luckily I had taught my husband how to break in the front door with a credit card. I was at the grocery store when all this happened. Lol I told my husband it just takes a couple of seconds for our son to get into something. He believes me now. :)
  • Options
    lzamaree said:

My son (22 months), locked my husband out one day. He stepped out the back door to get a tool of of his tool box and our son locked the door. He then climbed up on the kitchen table and was eating a package of Oreos. Luckily I had taught my husband how to break in the front door with a credit card. I was at the grocery store when all this happened. Lol I told my husband it just takes a couple of seconds for our son to get into something. He believes me now. :)

Oh my gosh! Last Saturday I was at their house and my BIL was outside and she said "where's dada?" And when we said outside she says "lock the door?" She's a mess
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SerenamarrSerenamarr member
    edited May 2015
    I was just in target getting travel size toiletries for my hospital bag and noticed another pregnant woman and her SO. They were clearly arguing over something but doing so quietly. As I passed by the aisle he said "congratulations, and good job on not completely letting yourself go!" And shot his lady a look..... I was dumbfounded- if he was my partner I would have slapped him! I almost did on her behalf!! I just looked at them (she looked mortified) and said "well we all have our days." I tried to convey my sympathy via a sorry look to her but it was so awkward I just walked away.... Hope she gave him a piece of her mind after I was gone!!

Edit: I guess this isn't so much a funny story as a wtf story but it didn't fit anywhere else lol