Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Breastfeeding duration

how long are all of your LO breastfeeding? My little guy will range anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 depending on his mood, time of day etc. He is having plenty of wet diapers and poops but I hate that I can't tell how much he is actually eating. And trying to pump more than twice a day is damn near impossible as he insists on being on top of me as much as possible.

Sorry if this has been posted before

Re: Breastfeeding duration

• Options
    kmuscente said:

how long are all of your LO breastfeeding? My little guy will range anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 depending on his mood, time of day etc. He is having plenty of wet diapers and poops but I hate that I can't tell how much he is actually eating. And trying to pump more than twice a day is damn near impossible as he insists on being on top of me as much as possible.

Sorry if this has been posted before

Every baby is different. Do whatever works for your baby as an individual. As long as they are producing soiled diapers & gaining weight you are fine.

DD was a snacker-- 20 minute sessions every hour.

DS was all business 10-15 minutes every 2 hours. He's still a quick eater.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    DD is 5 days old and is nursing about 15-20 mins every 2 hours or so. Sometimes she wants to eat more after 30 mins or an hour and I just go with it.

Are you trying to increase supply? Why are you pumping?
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm trying to build a supply for when I go back to work and have something in the fridge for a late night feeding (my SO handles the late night and any time I can get a little more uninterrupted sleep I go for it).

I have his one month appt later this month to check his weight but he has been making plenty of dirty diapers.

Just being a panicky FTM I guess
  • Options
    bunnyabunnya member
    Be careful about pumping the first 6 weeks postpartum. It's very easy to get stuck with an oversupply and become engorged. You should encorporate pumping very gradually. Just saying. GL.
    Oh, and as PP have said feeding times vary. My 10 week old has always taken a good half hour to finish eating.
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png