Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Question for pumpers

Question for those who strictly pump..
What do you do when you're going out and have to bring a bottle with you? I've heard that heated breastmilk is only good for one hour. So far I've been pumping right before we leave and leaving that breastmilk out (instead of refrigerating). Is there an easier way to travel with a bottle?
Baby won't latch so I can't nurse.

Re: Question for pumpers

• Breastmilk can actually stay out for up to 6 hours. & in the fridge for 6 days.
  • Even after it has been heated in a bottle warmer?
  • Loading the player...
  • readermom1readermom1 member
    edited May 2015
    Try the "Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Travel Bottle & Food Warmer." You can take bottles with you in a little cooler and warm them when you need them.
  • When I need to take a bottle with me, I bring the milk in one of the plastic freezer bags and bring an empty bottle separately. That way I can take the bag of milk to the ladies room and warm it up under hot water at the sink.
  • Does the Tommee Tippee travel warmer work with any size and brand of bottles? I use Dr. Browns.
  • It's good at room temp from 4-6 hours so I pump right before I leave and then just put a bottle in the bag. My LO will take it at room temperature as that is what he is used to so I don't have to worry about warming it. If I am going to be gone longer than that I take my pump with me and pump in the car and again save it at room temp for the next feeding.