Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Dealing with loss

i just miscarried today (fully and naturally) and I'm a mix of emotions. I had an ultrasound yesterday after I was experiencing bleeding that I thought to be worse than spotting. The ultrasound showed an empty sac and they found it to be smaller than what a normal 9wk sac should be. I went to the ultrasound by myself and that picture of an empty sac with no heartbeat stuck in my mind for a while. It being Mothers Day weekend we were going away with my in-laws and I felt being away would be better for me. I didn't know what to expect, except for bleeding, and when I got back from my walk this morning I noticed that rather than just passing blood I had actually passed the sac and it was probably the worst thing I could ever imagine looking at (sorry for over description). I think my biggest issue now is that I feel I can't talk to any of my close friends or even my family because they're all moms (and even I have a 3y/o that I am so thankful for and should be focusing on) and I don't want to ruin their special day with this news...I guess that's why I'm talking about it on here. I want to be sad and I feel like there are a million things I could have done differently that maybe would have kept me from miscarrying. And my husband has been wonderful in keeping my busy and not letting me be alone or just sitting around, but now I feel like I just want to be sad and just allow my body to cope with what happened. But this is just me venting and I'm so glad this board is here because I need it tonight!

Re: Dealing with loss

• Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    Im so sorry about your loss.
    I burst out in tears for the first time today, 9 days after my doc administered cytotec. It was Parents Day back in my home country and i could see my mom was sad when we facetimed this morning. I know she didnt say anything by DH said it wasnt because I didnt send them flowers this year, it was because she is sad that I lost my chance to become a parent.
    DH pointing that out started my waterworks and Ive had a few bursts today, then headaches, and weeping to sleep.
    Guess my grieving is still continueing. I'm treating myself to empty carbs and a yummy dinner delivery.

Hang in there! Sending you hugs.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! Talk on here all you want. You are not alone. The grief is tough and you will have good and bad days. I'm now 3 weeks past my miscarriage and still have tough days. You are in my thoughts and prayers!