August 2014 Moms
Options

Will you have me?

Hi ladies!

I'm ladyboston. I was real active on TTGP and then on Oct 2014 when we conceived my son. To make a real long painful story somewhat short, we had our son 7 weeks premature on 8/26/14. He was in the NICU and I had some complications and it was a horrible time. But not as horrible as when we brought him home- that's when the fun began. He had so many issues d/t his prematurity and it led him to be a real fussy, collic-y baby. I couldn't be on the oct14 board. I couldn't stand to watch all the babies being born when Callen was supposed to be, and it was all unicorns and rainbows for them (i feel bad saying that, I was very happy for them but I was also jealous). I couldn't handle reading threads about things I had already been through. It gave me so much anxiety- I actually did not open my lab top until a couple weeks ago because I was worried about getting a glimpse of the board in case I had left it up. Everyone on the board was supportive but it was just a constant reminder about how things were "supposed" to be. It's been a really, hard 8 months. We've had difficulty bonding with our son. We feel like we're always walking on egg shells with him and now that his health is a little better, when he's sick or something is wrong we have very little patience and we feel so guilty about it. I was on the premature board for a bit but it's just not as active and the range of prematurity is so large.

Anyhow I really miss the support and advice from other mothers but now that Callen was 8 months and it's clear that's he's caught up physically (mostly) and cognitively, I would rather be part of a board with other mom's who have babies my son's age.

So I was wondering ... Will you have me?

LadyB

image image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Will you have me?

• Options
    Hello there! Welcome! I'm so sorry about everything you've been feeling.
    I'm not sure if you missed the great exodus a while back- it's definitely slower on these boards since then. But welcome- the more, the merrier!
  • Options
    Oh no! I'll have to read back! Thanks for the welcome anyway.

image image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! The board is much slower but i still check it daily :) sorry you went through so much. I didnt have a premi but i did have a baby that needed heart surgery so i know what its like being in the hospital in the beginning. Im glad to hear your LO is foing better. Let us know how we can help and support you!
  • Options
    Hugs mama! So glad the little guy is doing better. You are always welcome mama!  #notautomatic-
  • Options
    LaDyBostonRNLaDyBostonRN member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the welcome ladies! @blondee4685 hope everything is ok with your lo.

This is so sad that everyone felt they had to leave the board!

image image image

• Options
    Welcome! My DD was three weeks early, did not find out she had Down syndrome till she was born and we had open heart surgery at three months old. She is not all the way caught up from the surgery but almost there!!! I am here if you need support because I know how it can be.

Anniversary

• Options
    Welcome!!
    TTC Since July 2013
    BFP #1 8/8/13, EDD 4/16/14
    MMC discovered on 9/18/13 @ 10w, baby measuring 9w. D&C on 9/26/13

BFP #2 12/7/13
    , EDD 8/12/13. It's a girl!
    Caroline Marie born 8/20/14. 8lbs 11oz, 21 inches and perfect!

• Options
    Hi! I've been a lurker for a while....and then forgot to check in for a while lol Anywho, just started reading and making posts. I'm so sorry to hear about the hard time you had. having a newborn is so emotional and stressful enough, I can't even imagine. I'm glad to hear that after all these months things are going well with your little man and wish that they continue to go that way for you :)

And what is this "big exodus" you speak of??? I lvoe a good story! haha
  • Options

Hi! I've been a lurker for a while....and then forgot to check in for a while lol Anywho, just started reading and making posts. I'm so sorry to hear about the hard time you had. having a newborn is so emotional and stressful enough, I can't even imagine. I'm glad to hear that after all these months things are going well with your little man and wish that they continue to go that way for you :)

And what is this "big exodus" you speak of??? I lvoe a good story! haha
    In a nutshell... There were a few changes made, a majority of the members weren't too happy and left to another board.

It like happened within a week...