Secondary IF

New member looking to join circle of support

Hi all! My name is Jennifer and I am new to the blog/forums. My husband and I have a 3 year old son who was actually conceived while I was on the pill! Haha so needless to say troubles conceiving for #2 came as quite a shock. I am sure many of you have found yourself in very similar situations so I know we can all relate. We have been trying since May 2014 and this week we found out my husbands semen analysis indictated he has a low count of 5.5 million. His doctor told us to purchase Count Boost from FertilAid (he has been taking FertilAid for men for 4 months now). I purchased that one and the Mobility Boost just in case.

I guess I am just looking for advice from people in similar situations and if these pills helped you or what you did differently to conceive.

Thanks and looking forward to getting to know people!!

Jenny

Re: New member looking to join circle of support

• Hi Jennifer! I'm new here and also dealing with male factor infertility
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi there! Do you have a March baby too? My son was born in March. How long have you guys been trying?
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a late Feb baby, born in 2013. We had only been trying for 3 months but instincts told me to get him tested since he had a hernia surgery right after we conceived our daughter. No sperm. Go into urologist in 2 weeks to see what can be done (likely clipped vas deferens). Hopeful it can be fixed from what I've read online but prepared for the worst. Decided after discussion last night we will not consider going the IVf route.
  • I hope all works out for you!! We have discussed IVF as well and have not considered it at this point either.
  • Thanks, you too! Yeah, if we didn't have one already it would be no question but I have too many concerns (financial, multiple births, devastation if it doesn't work)
  • Hi Jenny!  Welcome to the group.  Most of us here are going through IVF treatments, it sounds like you might be more comfortable on the "trying for a second board".  Best of luck!  You're welcome to stick around here too :) 

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Hi Jenny!  Welcome to the group.  Most of us here are going through IVF treatments, it sounds like you might be more comfortable on the "trying for a second board".  Best of luck!  You're welcome to stick around here too :) 

Hi Jenny!  Agreed with FTM since you've already decided you won't be pursuing IVF.  I hope you get better news than you are anticipating at your H's appointment.  Wishing you luck in your journey!
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Oh perfect I didn't even know about that one! Thank you!!
  • DH had low morphology 2% and a boarder line count and motility. He started CoQ10 and Fertility Blend for Men and his count went way way up after a month (He took 4 pills a day for accelerated results like the bottle said). His count stayed higher for all 4 of our IUIs and we did our son out of cycle #6, which was IUI #4. I have no clue if his morphology was improved though as they don't test that for IUIs. Good luck and I hope the supplements work for you too :)
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5