June 2015 Moms

Completion Discount

Have any of you mamas used your completion discounts for your registries yet? We registered at Target, Buy Buy Baby, and Babies R Us. Our one big item that we didn't get that I want to have before LO arrives is our glider which we registered for at Buy Buy Baby. It's pretty pricy, but it's more of an actual chair and ottoman than traditional glider and could be used in any room, not just the nursery. Anyway, I swear I remember the sales associate telling us we could use the 20% off coupon they send out regularly in addition to our 10% off completion discount. I was really excited because by doing that and combining gift cards and cash we were only going to be about $30 short. The other day the completion coupon came in the mail and it says it can't be used with any other promotion. Has anyone been able to use both coupons at Buy Buy Baby?

Re: Completion Discount

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Another question regarding the completion discount...

I got my Target coupon in the mail about 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten my Babies R Us coupon yet. (I put my due date as June 4). Does anyone know how soon BRU sends it out? Should I call them? I'm getting kind of giant and am not sure how much longer I want to wait to go shopping.
  • Loading the player...
  • 423ang said:

Another question regarding the completion discount...

I got my Target coupon in the mail about 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten my Babies R Us coupon yet. (I put my due date as June 4). Does anyone know how soon BRU sends it out? Should I call them? I'm getting kind of giant and am not sure how much longer I want to wait to go shopping.

My due date is June 12 and BRU called about three weeks ago to tell me I would be receiving my completion coupon in the mail in the next two weeks. I got it that week (2 weeks ago) so I would call if I were you. Also it's only good for one day so you have to do all the shopping at once.
  • I still haven't received my target one...ugggh
  • Thanks @Serenamarr !

I had some time, so I called them. They gave me a code over the phone that I could use online. The code didn't work so I had to call back, but they gave me a second code and I placed my order just now.

@fridaysdance Maybe you should call Target? The nice thing about the mailed coupon from Target was that it had one 15% completion discount and four 15% off "friends and family" registry coupons. I used the first one online, and I plan to use a friends and family one in store when I can haul my butt over there. I'll take a friend in case they give me any crap.
  • I wasn't able to use both either at Buy Buy Baby. Nor did they give me a completion pass for online and in store. I had to order things that weren't in stock in one swoop while at the store. It wasn't a big deal, but I didn't know that was how it was going to go.

• I haven't gotten my target one :( I was able to use the BBB 20% off for both the ottoman and glider even though they were in the same purchase which saved us almost $200.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @423ang Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have much left to get on the registry but the discount would be nice.
  • Stupid pregnant brain. I guess I just remembered wrong. I have already gotten all the completion coupons, just trying to make the most of my discounts
  • I was told this exact same thing on our cribs at buy buy baby, but when we purchased them they only let us use one (20%) coupon on each crib, we couldn't use the completion coupon (10%) as well.
  • We are currently living abroad, coming back to the U.S. when LO is 6-8 weeks old. Can I create a registry for the very few things we need (seriously like 4 items) and then buy it all myself and get the completion discount? Is that allowed? Ethical?
  • @amark11, I agree with @Frogger5.  Ethical...pishhh!  I've done that multiple times, even when we bought our first house (had no plans to have a house warming party but wanted a way to get discounts on some items I wanted).   >:)

I ended up getting pretty much all my remaining items off my Amazon registry after signing up for the free Amazon Mom trial because I could get 15% off.  Then using those 20% off BBB coupons for Buy Buy Baby.  One thing I find annoying about a lot of places is that you can only use the completion discount in one day.  Boo.
  • Yep I am making DH sit down tomorrow and confirm our registries are done so that we can do the one time purchase!
  • @amark11 hell yeah! Totally do that. Who cares, it's still being used for your baby. You may want to start the registry now, tho, and tweak your 'due' date to a couple of weeks after you return stateside. I know with Amazon the completion discount isn't available until 60 days before your due date. So if you are back in when LO is 6-8 weeks old - August ish - make your 'due' date late August so when you arrive you can order it right away. Also, tho, for amazon you have to create your registry and wait at least 60 days before you are eligible for the discount. I don't know if similar restrictions apply to other places, but its something you should look into now so if there IS a waiting period, you've passed it by the time you are back in the states.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 423ang said:

Another question regarding the completion discount...

I went to BRU to complete my registry last weekend. I forgot my coupon and they just gave me one in the store. They didn't even ask when my expected date was.

• cehn said:

amark11 said:

We are currently living abroad, coming back to the U.S. when LO is 6-8 weeks old. Can I create a registry for the very few things we need (seriously like 4 items) and then buy it all myself and get the completion discount? Is that allowed? Ethical?

I did this on the Amazon baby registry. I'm a third time mom and I only needed things like diapers and nursing stuff but I wanted the discount for myself.
    I'm totally doing this with future babies! I'll be making registries just to get completion discounts ;)
  • Thanks, ladies! Eek, gotta get on this now then...
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    Am I the only idiot who didn't know you had to have the coupon ? I hope my DH didn't throw it away ........ It was on the counter last week?!
  • klkonwi said:

Am I the only idiot who didn't know you had to have the coupon ? I hope my DH didn't throw it away ........ It was on the counter last week?!

Oh no! I hope he didn't! Maybe if he did they have some way of tracking if it's been used and can reissue a new one if necessary?
  • klkonwi said:

BRU will honor without the coupon
  • I would think they would honor it without the coupon. I mean, what if your mail was stolen or something. That's not your fault. I think you'll be ok
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Success! We wound up getting the floor model of our glider so they gave us 10% off and let us use a 20% off coupon as well. I also still have my completion coupon.
  • I put my due date as June 11th on both my Target and Babies R Us registries, and I received both of my completion coupons. Target is 15% and BRU is 10%, but BRU is one day only. I ended up not using either coupon simply because buying it on Amazon was cheaper than the discount would have gotten me. Plus no tax and free shipping on orders of $35 or more. I received my last piece of baby furniture today that we needed before LO arrival.
  • I put my due date as June 11th on both my Target and Babies R Us registries, and I received both of my completion coupons. Target is 15% and BRU is 10%, but BRU is one day only. I ended up not using either coupon simply because buying it on Amazon was cheaper than the discount would have gotten me. Plus no tax and free shipping on orders of $35 or more. I received my last piece of baby furniture today that we needed before LO arrival.

Amazon also has a baby registry with a completion coupon.
  • teather5teather5 member
    edited May 2015
    We used our BRU registry completion online. Ordered 17 items (some less than $5) and so far each item has shipped separately. Dumb.

For anyone who remebers, we had a GC number stolen (no idea how) and it took BRU over a week to "investigate"... Customer Service was a mess!!! But we got our money back!

Also I believe Target is one time use only too... But you can do an online order and an in store purchase. That's by memory though so don't quote me.

Edited spelling
  • When I received my Target completion discount, I also received four 15% coupons for friends. I have been using those coupons too. I only made my registry for myself and haven't shared it with anyone.
  • Babies r us takes non expired bed bath and beyond 20% off also that can be combined with any reward $ amounts or your 10% Thursday's with your babies r us cc!
  • That's the only reason we did a Target registry. I got my 15% coupons in the mail, so we will wait a bit until it is closer to our daughters arrival and do some last minute shopping to see what we need.
  • Also, it's worth noting that the Buy Buy Baby coupons and completion discount are only usable in-store, not online.  Which I found super annoying, considering it would have been so much easier to just order the remaining things online instead of schlepping around the store.
  • So with my target completion coupons, I have to use all five of them in the same day to get the discount? I got one for me and then 4 for friends/family. I never received anything like this for my other kids.
  • @SammeMotley
    No, each coupon is good on a different day.

I used my "official" completion coupon online one day. I could have used that code in store that same day (but I didn't go to Target that day because it's 45 minutes away).

I still have things on my registry that aren't available online. I plan to use a "friends and family" coupon this week in store to finish up. I believe I could use that coupon code online on that day as well.

I'll save the other 3 coupons in case I need/want more stuff in the future (for online or in store).
  • I got a bunch of target gift cards as shower gifts. I was ordering a ton of registry completion items online and was planning to use all gift cards to pay. It only allowed me to use 4 gift cards per order.
  • Grrrr, half my above post is gone.

Does anyone know if the 4 gift card per order applies in store, too, or is it just an online thing?
  • @423ang I worked at Target for 6 1/2 years and I never heard anything about a limit on the amount of gift cards you can use in the store and when I was on the register I could always use as many as the customer had.  That might have changed since then though....
  • @423ang I'm guessing it's just an online thing. I have noticed that I can use my Rx rewards and baby discount in the same transaction but can't do it in store.