October 2015 Moms

When do people usually plan a baby shower for?

I'm a FTM and 18 weeks. I've seen people have baby showers at all different times. When is the best time to plan it for, like how far along?

Re: When do people usually plan a baby shower for?

• In not really sure how this goes either. I am having one towards the beginning of August (around 30 weeks) because my sister from out of state will be visiting then. My husbands family is planning one as well and wants to know when to have it, but I don't know what to tell them.
  • Usually around a month before or so I don't think there is a specific range that most people go by but more of what fits the schedule. My husband went to his shower as a baby because he was 6 weeks early so you never can really plan it exactly perfect I guess lol. I think my SIL is planning mine for late Aug early Sep but I'm not really positive lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Around 8 months is the best time to have it from what I have heard . IM due Oct 3rd and doing my baby shower the last week of July .
  • I will be 31 weeks at mine.
  • I would say at least a month before or earlier.  You need to put stuff together that you got, find a place for it, wash clothes, be able to do returns and then see what you have left to buy!