September 2015 Moms
Options

Baby moon at 31/32 weeks?

my DH and I are desperately trying to go on a babymoon before our little girl gets here. The problem is that as a teacher we don't get out until the last week of June (that Friday to be exact) so we can't go away until I am 31/32 weeks. We live in NY and I just want to plant my behind at a really nice pool and not move for a week. Our family goes to MD every year in late August but that's way too close to my due date and the Atlantic Ocean is pretty rough so I wouldn't want to take the chance of getting knocked over.

I guess my question is does anyone have any suggestions of where we could go that's preggo safe around 31/32 weeks? Seriously, behind in beach chair at nice pool!!

Re: Baby moon at 31/32 weeks?

• Options
    trj724trj724 member
    I'm not sure if airlines will let you fly that late in your pregnancy. Don't quote me on that but a place you could drive to from NY that is really nice, relaxing and sitting in a beach chair all day is Newport, RI. I know they have some really nice hotels/resorts and good restaurants that you could relax at for a few days...if you can fly I would totally take my butt to a nice resort in Florida and not move for a few days lol!!
  • Options
    str13str13 member
    I don't live up that way, so no help there!!
    I did search for flight policies, it seems they vary from airline to airline. Some have no restrictions, while others have restrictions on how close to delivery you can be to travel and needing a letter from your OBGYN stating you may travel.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can go anywhere...usually you can fly until 36 weeks assuming you have a normal pregnancy...just bring a dr note with you. I'll be 33/34 weeks when I fly across the country for my sisters wedding in July
  • Options
    melewenmelewen member
    My friend flew from Memphis to Maui at 8 months so there were definitely no restrictions for her at that point but she also didn't recommend that! That's much farther than you'll be at that point and much further too! Cruises won't let you on of course (I'm almost out of the window at freaking 20 weeks!) but anything else sounds lovely! Are you thinking fly or drive? Maybe train?
  • Options
    Thank you all! I'm waiting for a call back from my doctor about the travel. I know that wherever or however we go I'm going to do a lot of walking/ breaks. I'm deff out of the cruise window
  • Options
    Highly recommend an all-inclusive resort in Mexico or the Caribbean. So stress free! You should be fine to fly until at least 36 weeks. My tip: buy travel insurance just in case!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Completely not exciting and still the Atlantic Ocean... But what about the Cape May, NJ area? I know there are some very nice spas and nice hotels there. I worked there when I was in college and we had tons of guests from NY! I'm sure there are similar type towns in North Jersey or even in NY!
  • Options
    lnds32lnds32 member
    You could even go to Cape Cod, MA or Nantucket. I live in Rhode Island and agree that Newport is a great option! We are driving up to the coast of Maine which is also supposed to be really nice! Hope you find somewhere you will have a nice, relaxing time!
  • Options
    Not sure where in NY exactly you are but have you thought of Montauk of The Hamptons? With airbnb now, it's not as expensive as it used to be and can probably find a great deal on a rental.
  • Options
    I was approved today to fly! I think we will be taking full advantage of this opportunity and will go to Arizona to visit my BIL. all the talk about Rhode Island is making me look into a long weekend up there! Thank you so much for all the suggestions. After a long/ stressful school year we need some alone time while it's still considered "alone time"!!!
  • Options
    MiromiMMiromiM member
    I'll be flying back from Greece around that time. I talked to my OB about it. She said she would give  me a letter for the airlines just in case. She also recommended a aisle seat since I'll have to be getting up a lot to use the restroom.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Maybe go really retro and go to a funky old resort in the Catskills?
  • Options
    My personal two cents after thinking flying would be a breeze at 23 weeks would be that if you fly and can afford to splurge on business/first class- DO IT.  I usually love flying and I was so uncomfortablet after a trip on Monday that I've been out of whack all week.  3 flights to get home tomorrow....sniff sniff cry.  
  • Options

Generally, I don't think there are issues to fly up until 36 weeks-ish.  But, make sure you have a note from your doctor.  If you DO decide to fly, be careful about swelling.  I've known several people who went away at 30-32 weeks pregnant and they got severe swelling that never went away before the baby was born and it was really painful. 

I'd also suggest a drive to Long Island or Newport, RI.  Both have great resorts with pools (and beach too)! 

• Options
    Oh man, I'm from RI and you all are making me miss home!
  • Options
    I flew at 32 weeks to Hawaii (I think it was 6/7hrs for us) and did fine. I was a little swollen and took lots of walks around the aisles. My OB did a cervical check before ok'ing me to travel to make sure I wasn't dilated.