Infertility
Options

TTC After Hysterscopy

Hi all I'm new to this but thought I'd start a discussion for others with a similar situation. My husband and I have been TTC for over one year with no success. He was tested and is fine. I had bloodwork and an internal ultrasound which came back fine. A dye test was the next step which showed several polyps in my uterus. I had a hysterscopy to have them removed last Friday. The surgery went well and now we're looking forward to TTC again! I'm wondering if anyone has any success stories after a hysterscopy. We're hoping to get pregnant soon!

Re: TTC After Hysterscopy

• Options
    I too had similar situation, was trying to conceive for over a year and turned to fertility treatment. At first they said all test came back normal but later found scaring covering my uterus which was also causing thin uterine lining. I finally had a hysteroscopy in June to remove the scaring (after I already had done 6 IUI and 3 IVF with no pregnancy). July they did another FET, ended in early miscarriage but was the first time I ever got pregnant which although was sad it was a good sign according to my Dr. Then I had another fresh IVF in September and it worked, got pregnant with a singleton (they transfered 2 embryos). My Drs and I believe that it was the hysteroscopy that made the difference for me...prior to my surgery I was looking into surrogacy. I hope it is the same for you!!! Wishing u lots and lots of luck and success.
  • Options
    I had my hysteroscopy in December and my doctor removed a bunch of endometriosis. I was pregnant by February. That surgery can work wonders! Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so happy to hear it worked well for
    you both! I'll be trying this month and hope I have great results too! :)
  • Options
    I've just returned from my HSG where my doctor found a polyp that she described as filling my entire uterus. I'll be having a hysteroscopy next month and then excited to start trying again the following cycle! . After a year of TTC followed by a MC in March I'm actually happy to find this out and know that at least I have the consolation of having a likely cause for everything that happened, as well as hopefully a BFP by the end of the summer! Good thoughts for you girl I hope it works out and in a couple months will be posting about our BFP!!
  • Options
    It's so nice to hear good things about hysteroscopy! I have one scheduled for July 12 and can't wait for it to happen now...what has your doctor recommended for TTC after? Mine is saying that if all is fixed, we should just try naturally for a few months. However Type A hubby and myself both want to go back to medicated cycles (because I respond super well to the meds with 2-3 nice follies with Femara) and possibly IUI. We're just tired of this whole TTC business and want a baby already (by then it'll be 2 years TTC).
  • Options
    My dr recommended TTC naturally for a few months. After that we'll try IUI. Good luck with the procedure it really wasn't bad. Just give yourself a week before you feel back to normal. I felt okay after just a couple of days though. Let me know how your procedure goes. :)
  • Options
    I agree that my hubby and I were happy to finally have an explanation even though you never want to hear something is wrong. Baby dust to us all and yes hopes for lots of BPFs this summer!!!