3rd Trimester
Options

Bruises!!

Hello ladies.

FTM here! 27w+2. Low risk pregnancy and no problems besides cramps, Braxon hicks and UTI's! Just a quick question, ive noticed since becoming pregnant by bruises have got crazy! I bruised easily before pregnancy but since being I tend to find them all the time and have no idea when or how they came! I am sure I'm just being overly concerned being a FTM and never having done this before! But just incase, advice would be appreciated ladies! I've added a pic to this post just incase it helps haha! The bruise on the back of my leg behind my knee & on my stretch marks which is making them look even more wonderful hehe!

Thanks ladies! xo

Re: Bruises!!

• Options
    I would talk to your doctor if you are concerned about bruising.
  • Options
    I'm not really concerned lovely! Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this & what they did, maybe some home remidies! I have a midwife appt next week so I'll bring it up then but thank you for your reply :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KYmama9286KYmama9286 member
    edited April 2015
    Any chance youre anemic? Its pretty common to become iron deficient as your pregnancy progresses, and if I recall anemia can make you bruise easier. It's an easy test to check your levels and easy to treat but I would mention it to your midwife/ob.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ask your midwife/ob it could be a problem but then again it could be you just did not notice it happening or forgot about it. Maybe as they call Pregnancy brain from lack of sleep, stress or just being more clumsy now may also be a cause.
  • Options
    I agree with previous poster that you may be anemic and that would be worth getting checked out (have your iron levels checked). Ask your doc!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am anemic and on iron and I bruise easy. I got a huge bruise on my calf from sliding my leg on the wooden part of my platform bed getting out one night. It looks awful. I didn't put the anemic and bruising together until now but that makes me feel better.
  • Options
    Yes- I would have a blood test run. I started bruising very easily, and my iron levels were borderline, but my platelet levels were low. Very common with either issue. Good luck!