Babies on the Brain

When should we TTC baby #2?

My husband and I are ready to start trying for baby #2 since my son will be 3 in August. We conceived him pretty much first try. I would like the baby to be born between March and July. I was a Christmas baby and my son's birthday is in August. I know that if we conceive in May, the birthday would be around February. I guess my question is, how long does it normally take to concieve baby #2?

Re: When should we TTC baby #2?

• It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive a child, whether it's the first, second, or tenth.
  • DH and I will be TTC #2 once our little guy is about 3 as well and want the same time frame. DS was a Christmas baby and I felt stuck in the house all the time because of all the snow and ice and it really amped up my PPD. So, in order to give birth between march and July I'd think you would have to start TTC around May to November (ish). Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • bb2850bb2850 member
    I wanted my babies two years apart(: my little girl is a year and a half now. The second month of trying we conceived and I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant now(: of course like the above post, it can take up to year for healthy couples to conceive. I was off the Depo shot for 10 months and just had my first period 2 months ago then conceived after my second cycle of being off(: take your prenatals regularly, try to maintain a healthy lifestyle(: I, of course, can't tell you how long it will take lol but hopefully my story helped to give you some hope that you will quickly! Best of luck and baby dust to you! (:
  • I guess it depends on your age and stress level too. We started trying for #2 when DS was 2 (it took us 9 months to conceive #1). It took us over 3 years if trying and at that point I didn't care what month he was born in. I have a Christmas baby now but he is such a joy. I was 35 when I had DS2 and DH is only slightly older. It turned out to be he was the reason we were having trouble. You never know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker