December 2014 Moms

Tooth!

My LO is starting to cut his first tooth! Ack! I can feel the sharp little edges and it's already come through the guns. Should I expect fussiness or is he through the worst? Do I need to brush it? Is this the end of nursing him to sleep? I'm not prepared!! He's happy and sleeping well so I didn't see it coming. Of course he has been drooling like crazy and biting everything.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Tooth!

• Lucky!! We're still waiting for our little guy's first tooth to show up! Hope it continues to go well for you :)
  • Are you really not supposed to nurse to sleep after they cut teeth? I didn't even think about that! Yikes, hopefully we hold off teething for several more months.
  • Loading the player...
  • you can nurse with baby teeth, just ensure to promptly remove them from the breast and tell them 'no' if they bite or try to nibble.

as for cleaning, baby teeth should be cleaned with a washrag or special wipes.  once they get a few, you can buy baby toothbrushes to keep them clean.

play it by ear for fussiness.  a cold teether worked better for my LO than the ora-gel but I did give her tylonel when she was really fussy from the pain.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Well, I heard you need to brush/wipe the teeth after nursing so the sugars in the milk don't cause tooth decay? I know I can nurse of course. He started biting last week but responds well when I tell him no. He's only done it once.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My LO has 2 teeth already thru. He is still super fussy and pretty much nothing helps. He had a dr appointment today and we were told he might get a short break but then the rest of his teeth should be quick to follow.