Parenting after 35
Options

Fun punking the Hubs!

Well when an opportunity avails itself like it did yesterday I take full advantage.  As my response to the weekly check in reveals, we have been under a lot of stress lately with my husbands job being in limbo.  Now that we know he is in fact still employed it's back to business as ususal and there is more fun to be had in the house.

Yesterday I had to go for my yearly lady Dr visit FUN, FUN.....said no one EVER!!!I saw one of the nurse practitioners who actually helped deliver my son in the doctors office.  Long story for those that don't know , but basically I went into labor, went to the drs was sent home, went back a few hrs later and was sent to the hospital and right when we pulled out of the parking lot of the drs office to go to the hospital not 10 min down the road my water broke, babys head dropped like a rock in my vag and boom he was born in the doctors office in one of the exam rooms. Needless to say I am quite the celeb and talk of the office, even a year later.  It was nice catching up with all the ladies that helped deliver my son.  
So I am in with the NP and she was just asking if I was still on the prenatal vitamins and I told her no since I wasn't breastfeeding anymore.  She reccomeded staying on them just because they were a good vitamin.  Her thinking was, you need to be the healthiest when you are pregnant why stop when you aren't anymore.  She just felt like it was a no brainer and she herself still takes them and says she likes what it does for her hair and nails.  So she gave me a bunch of samples since they had them lying around.  I got a HUGE bag of them and so when I got home from the Drs office I just left the bag on the dining room table, not even thinking about it. Next thing I know Nosey Rosey sees bag and I hear him from the other room go..."Uhhhh whats in the bag"?  so I strike and tell him nothing why?  I know he can't resist not knowing so he opens the bag and sees a load of prenatal vitamins and says "Ummmm why do you have these"?  to that I respond......Uh why do you think?  This goes back and forth for a good 5 min. A lot of "but how can this be"? "are you serious", "you can't be serious".  
  He is basically done having kids, but if we did wind up pregnant he wouldn't be upset but he would be shocked.  BTW, I am not pregnant, you would have to have sex to be that, but that is a whole other post for another day.  His face was priceless and messing with him was just plain fun!

My sister and I nicknamed my hubs Benita Butrell  (for those that remember In Living Color).  He is always up in the biz so it was fun to teach him a lesson about being nosey :)

Anyone else like messing with their hubs or sig. other?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Fun punking the Hubs!

• Options
    Early in our marriage, I said to DH, "where's my bag?" as though I had lost it. He fell for it. He also fell for it several more times before he got it. It's a running joke now between us.

I get him almost every April Fool's too. He's an easy target for someone who is exceptionally smart otherwise.