High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

I have a blood clotting disorder

this pregnancy scares me I'm only 4 weeks and every morning I wake up feeling my tummy wondering if my baby is ok. My son died I was 39 weeks pregnant and his heart stopped beating he died due to blood clot in my placenta.. I'm still not over what happened he will only be 4 this December and what's even crazier is my due date is the same as my sons was.. Any one else have fears like this due to issues from other pregnancy loss

Re: I have a blood clotting disorder

• Options
    I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, and I've had two prior miscarriages (9 1/2 weeks and 6 weeks). During my first pregnancy, I found out I have a rare blood disorder that leads to miscarriage/pregnancy complications, and there is no treatment. Basically, I just have to hope for the best and go into every pregnancy knowing that there's at least a 50% chance it won't work out.  It's pretty demoralizing. 

I am so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine losing a baby at 39 weeks, that is just beyond terrible and heartbreaking. I hope this pregnancy works out for both of us!
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know how truly heartbreaking it is. I had two miscarriages both at eight weeks. All my test came back normal except for MTHFR but even with that they said that does not cause miscarriages. I have her different opinions from different doctors. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and begged my doctor to put me on lovenox as precaution. For I had heard this had worked for other women with MTHFR. Now that I am getting closer to my due date, my doctor has been speaking to me about stopping the lovenox. I am terrified to do this for reasons such as yourself. I spoke with her about how other women switch to heparin after 36 weeks and she said I can do this. This makes me feel more comfortable hoping that there's less of a chance to have a clot toward the end of my pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is no way I will stop my shots ever with a blood clotting disorder I didn't even know I had till my son died.. Do what u feel is best for u and ur baby don't let the doctors tell u other wise.. I'm praying for the best right now I'm having fearing everyday I keep praying everything will be ok.. Thanks for the support girls means a lot
  • Options
    But as for loosing my son it's been hard on me and my kids but we are slowly getting better.. I was able to hold my son I held him for 5 hours I have pictures to remember him everyday little by little it gets better but I wish it didn't happen and I wish I had him here with us this is the hardest thing ever