April 2014 Moms
Options

So hard!

I went to pick DD up from my MIL's yesterday. DD fell and banged her head so I picked her up to soothe her and she wouldn't calm down. My MIL picked her up and she quieted down instantly. She also says Daddy all the time and always reaches for him when he is there. I know she loves me and I am irreplaceable, but it is so hard sometimes when she prefers others who get to see her more! Anyone else?

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

Re: So hard!

• Options
    TiffB93TiffB93 member
    Both DDs do that to me. Especially when one of the grandparents are around. It's like I don't exist anymore. The only time they want me is when it's just me and them home during the day while dad works. It is tally hard for me because I think I'm getting depressed about it but DH just shrugs it off and my family laughs when she ignore me for someone else.
  • Options
    Shoot. I don't have advice, but I'm sorry! I know your DDs love you tons and you are their one and only mom. But that would be hard. Hugs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is really attached to her Daddy when he's home. She even has a name for him (baba). She doesn't call me anything. I figure he's more of a novelty since he works all day and she likes when he's around. I get snuggles and love during the day, so I don't mind...much :D
    Now if that happened with my MIL I would def be upset or sad.
    I'm sorry you're feeling down about it, but I'm sure that baby loves her momma more than anyone else!
  • Options
    @TiffB93 , its good to know I'm not alone. I get to be with DD all day twice a week, my MIL gets her 2.5 days and DD gets her 3 days. She is definitely a daddy's girl! Its just hard, I wish I could be with her more!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    ksulliksulli member
    If it makes you feel any better, mine flashes huge smiles and then reaches for PERFECF SRTANGERS to hold her. All while I'm carrying her. At least when I pass her off to DH or MIL as a result of one of her full body lunges she will eventually throw herself back my direction.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    My 3 year old has been entirely Daddy's girl from about 10 months. Almost obsessively so - she wants Daddy to do everything for her and nothing from me. I used to work more than DH, so I thought that was it, but now I've been a SAHM for a year and she's still obsessed with him. It hurts a little sometimes. But I know she loves me and she still shows me affection - just not much when Daddy's around! Now the baby is starting to have a Daddy obsession and I'm actually starting to worry that they'll both be like that. I thought I'd at least get this little one! I think he's a little less obsessed though... At least so far.