High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

water broke at 29 weeks

My water broke at 29 weeks i am 30 weeks now still in the hospital on magnesium sulfate and antibiotcs im pregnant with twin boys has anyone been through this they want to keep me until 34 weeks

Re: water broke at 29 weeks

• Options
    No experience but sending thoughts and prayers. There is a check in I run for people on bed rest - please feel free to join us. And several people on the PAIF board have faced this challenge as well.
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• Options
    I'm pregnant with twins as well. I'm not exactly sure but they think my water broke between 13-16 weeks. I'm currently 21+4 weeks. I've had little to no measurable amniotic fluid for either baby this whole time. I continue to leak amniotic fluid daily so we know they are at least producing fluid. I've been on bed rest at home with continuous IV fluids and trying to push oral fluids. The plan is to be admitted on hospital bed rest with steroids at 23 weeks. Both babies are still growing but baby B is a little smaller. I'm just praying I can keep them in there as long as possible.
    Thinking of you... I know it's not easy, but you have to take it one day at a time. I actually joined an online support group for this. Let me know if you want the info.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing that im still in the hospital on bedrest and leaking amniotic fluid not as much as i was the other day i had an ultrasound this morning babies are good just trying to take it one day at a time like you said and yes i would love to join the support group and im praying for you as well and your twins!
  • Options
    C&S1030C&S1030 member
    edited May 2015
    Hi jazzyrob,
    My water broke on January 21st at 23 weeks. I stayed in the hospital on bed rest until my son was born at 33weeks and 5days, just two days shy of my scheduled induction at 34weeks. We were in the NICU for four weeks and finally brought our baby boy home this past Sunday. He is healthy, perfect and fun-size. :-) The bed rest is very hard but you can do it. Every day you stay pregnant is very important for your babies. The nurses would tell me one more day pregnant is 2-3 days less in the NICU. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them if I can. Sending good vibes your way... You can do this!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you're on Facebook, but here's a site on there https://www.facebook.com/ppromsurvivalstoriesofhope

Another great place is https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a6718373/pprom_support_group