Health & Exercise

type 1 diabetic

I have been a diabetic for 19 years.. I am almost 10 weeks and I am finding that I am not needing much if any insulin with my meals.. has any one else experienced this?

Answers

• edited March 2015
    I am also type 1. Been so for 8 years. I am 32 weeks today. I also experienced insulin sensitivity in the first trimester, and also in the second trimester. I thought I was going to be lucky and not experience much insulin resistance but that welcomed me in the third trimester. I'm now battling my nighttime and morning levels. Enjoy it while you can and just know that yes it is totally normal to experience what you're going through at this point.

:)
  • I am type 1 and 11 weeks pregnant.  I am finding myself having more lows than usual.  I keep needed to dial back on my basal insulin during the night and eat a large snack without insulin in the middle of the afternoon.  I was told this might be the case for the first trimester and that my insulin needs could increase drastically by the time I am in my third, which is causing me some anxiety.  I use a pump and CGM, but I am also trying to test my BG more often. 

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am type 1 and was diagnosed a month before I found out I was pregnant but I have noticed my numbers have been pretty good or low if I don't eat A LOT of carbs.